Q: T5 Step Clip Overview Video

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi -

Near the end of the video, a mention is made that you can route different channels to multiple VSTi's (Around 1:18) all from a single track step clip :love:

My question, is how is that achieved ... Do I add multiple VSTi's on one track, then how do assign a channel to each VSTi? Or is it done in another manner ???

This is a nifty feature for programming drum tracks, always disliked having separate tracks for each drum sound.

Regards, AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJlZsUqlLTg

You can add a multi output plugins and assign a different channel for each midi note channel on the clip.

Thanks but the video mentioned multiple VSTi's connected to the step clip which would include non multi out VSTi's.

Probably not all instruments allow you to choose a midi channel but most drum synths and samplers will. Also you can't put them on one track because the first instrument will block he midi signal for the second one. So you need to put them in a rack and connect the midi to both.

Right I can rack it .... My case it's for the kvr osc synth challenge, so it's not a drum synth nor a sampler. It's a single freeware synth that I need to use for all sounds in the song.

Your best option might be to create a folder track for all your drum sounds, so you can collapse it to one track and have a "master" volume for drums on that track, but can split the drum sounds out on individual tracks, so you can easily apply effects to different drum sounds, pan them more easily etc. It's not really any easier or more difficult than doing it in racks, but it's clearer what's going on ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I am surprised we still do not have velocity as well as note preset saving/recall on sequencer clips. It renders it useless

RonC

Note preset saving? What is that?

When you make a nice pattern and want to reuse it

Just copy the clip and paste it anywhere (any edit in any project).
You can even make an edit with all your patterns.

No, like setting up one row for certain notes, etc. It doesn't save this, so every time I load a new step seq clip it is blank. it is very exhausting to do this over and over per drum kit... Every single time I have to re-create the notes per row.. Unless I'm missing out on something which hey if I am, tell me !

RonC

rpc9943 wrote:No, like setting up one row for certain notes, etc. It doesn't save this, so every time I load a new step seq clip it is blank. it is very exhausting to do this over and over per drum kit... Every single time I have to re-create the notes per row.. Unless I'm missing out on something which hey if I am, tell me !

RonC
It's like Frank already said Ron.

Set up a clip in one edit the way you like it, notes mapped to whatever rows you like.
When you want to use that in another edit / project, copy and paste that clip into another edit, and the rows are set up for the same notes as they were before.

It'll be nice to get that as a "preset" or something, that you can just drag to a track from the browser on the left, but there's your workaround for the minute.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

rpc9943 wrote:I am surprised we still do not have velocity as well as note preset saving/recall on sequencer clips. It renders it useless

RonC
You can render a seqencerclip to a midiclip for further editing.

and nobody complained about the fact that midiclips cannot be saved as preference, till now :wink:

here I complain because I can't adjust per note velovity in the sequencer clip, nor mute neither solo, no clic preview as possible on the piano roll of the midi clips.
perhaps this will be added to T6.

If they improve midi and add our ideas, tracktion will turn into the best daw ever

Return to “Tracktion”