How are you liking the snapshot button in Kontakt?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It came with the latest upgrade 5.4.1

Not sure how to best utilize it, any tips?

Any NKI can have user presets now, even if the functionality isn't implemented via scripting. Extremely useful feature.

There's a caveat in that it is tied to NKI name only, so if you have two NKIs with exactly the same filename, but different internal structure, things can go awry.

EvilDragon wrote:Any NKI can have user presets now, even if the functionality isn't implemented via scripting. Extremely useful feature.

There's a caveat in that it is tied to NKI name only, so if you have two NKIs with exactly the same filename, but different internal structure, things can go awry.
Does it "eat" HDD space? Are new copies of the original sample file(s) made for each snapshot taken?

No, samples have nothing to do with them. Snapshots just save the state of all scripted controls and variables, as well as internal instrument structure, purged group states, etc.

So, it kinda depends on how big an NKI is. The point of this feature is to supply libraries as one NKI, then browser presets from that one NKI, instead of having a gazillion NKIs.

Read manual addendum that was probably installed along with 5.4.1 update, it has all the info about snapshots that you really need. :)

EvilDragon wrote:The point of this feature is to supply libraries as one NKI, then browser presets from that one NKI, instead of having a gazillion NKIs.
OK, a bit like the preset browser included inside the Techtron GUI for example?:
http://www.hollowsun.com/hs2/sli/techtron/index.htm

I would like them a lot more if they showed up properly in the host browser (and were therefore also importable into Kore)

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:The point of this feature is to supply libraries as one NKI, then browser presets from that one NKI, instead of having a gazillion NKIs.
OK, a bit like the preset browser included inside the Techtron GUI for example?:
http://www.hollowsun.com/hs2/sli/techtron/index.htm
A bit, yeah, except you don't have finite user preset slots, and you can have subfolders...

Dang, I'm really interested in this, but 5.4.1 "Discontinued Mac OS X 10.7 support" :(

has anyone updated it on 10.7 and had it working fine? I know sometimes NI products say they don't support an old version but it still works.

Or… is it finally time for me to upgrade to mavericks? I just don't want any of my music apps / plugins to stop working (I will certainly SuperDuper clone beforehand just in case)

Just try installing it using Pacifist...

i Like the idea with the Snapshots !

but at the moment you can only save them into the user folder , that means you can´t save or load them directly from the Library Folder !

thats why i don´t use it much for now until they add where you want to save and load them !

or did i have miss something and it exist a way ?

Do you normally load a preset from any vsti that way? I usually load the synth then load the preset for any synth.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”