Addictive Drums 2 window not closing properly in Cubase 7.5 (Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering whether anyone else encountered this issue ... I've installed the Addictive Drums 2 demo version and try to use it in Cubase 7.5 on Mac. The standalone works fine but the plugin seems to have trouble in Cubase as the window doesn't disappear properly. The window GUI goes black and the window cannot be closed at all (see screenshot). It will only disappear after I switched to another app that covers the screen. It's the first plugin I'm having trouble with like this in Cubase.

Any known solution to this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

So you have Cubase now.
How did that come about?

Did Steinberg help you out after all?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It works fine on my end. Contact XlnAudio, their support is pretty good.
rsp
sound sculptist

Mushy Mushy wrote:So you have Cubase now.
How did that come about?

Hahaha, you caught me! :hihi: I've bought a boxed copy over the weekend. Still waiting for Steinberg to reply to my support issue.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

zvenx wrote:It works fine on my end. Contact XlnAudio, their support is pretty good.
rsp
Thanks! Sent them a mail (had to find the submit form on their site!)

sys2074 wrote:
How did that come about?

Hahaha, you caught me! :hihi: I've bought a boxed copy over the weekend. Still waiting for Steinberg to reply to my support issue.
Well I'm glad you got it sorted.

But you have too much money dude if you can afford to have 1.5 copies of Cubase :)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

In the interim I would check if your quicktime was up to date.
rsp
sound sculptist

Mushy Mushy wrote:
sys2074 wrote:
How did that come about?

Well I'm glad you got it sorted.

But you have too much money dude if you can afford to have 1.5 copies of Cubase :)
Well, it's not yet sorted and no, I don't have too much money to afford it either! ;)
Actually if I had seen in beginning that Cubase 7.5 costs double the money I would still ponder about really buying it.

zvenx wrote:In the interim I would check if your quicktime was up to date.
rsp
Fairly sure that it's up-to-date. Which Mac OS are you using? Maybe it's because I'm using Yosemite already (though it's hard to imagine that this would be the fault).

Ah. I am on Lion, so that very well could be it.

Although it is listed:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/knowledge-base/#requirements

rsp
sound sculptist

Obviously it's a Cubase issue after all. I noticed the same black window issue also happened with another VST (Chromaphone), grml. I hope Steinberg is aware of this.

Aharr! I found the problem! This issue only happens when Cubase runs in 32bit mode on Mac, which it strangely did on my system after I installed it. I had to set it to explicitly run as 64bit and reboot and the problem is gone since then.

Return to “Instruments”