if sylenth looked like this i'd buy it :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are no legal skins for Sylenth1 - there's no use complaining.

There are other synths with superb sound and no skins...

Why FM8 has no skins? Why ImpOSCar has no skins? Why OP-X Pro has no skins?
Why Korg M1 has no skins? Why Albino III has no skins? Why Predator has no skins?

- and what's the problem?
- Nothing.

Because these are music tools and music is all about sound not GUI.

Numanoid wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Tell Lance, he made it. Im sure he would appreciate your critique.
Yeah, I should ask him how he interpret the Sylenth1 EULA:
You may not copy, decompile, attempt to discover the source code or resources, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Software in whole or part, including translation to another language, computer language or format. You may not attempt to unlock or bypass any copy-protection or authentication algorithm utilized by this Product . You may further not remove, hide or change any textual or graphical information like labels, copyright or license notices.
Go on then, do it. Grow a pair and ACTUALLY DO IT!

Make sure you let us all know how you get on.

Has "Lance" got a username in here, I can send him a PM

dune_rave wrote:There are no legal skins for Sylenth1 - there's no use complaining.

There are other synths with superb sound and no skins...

Why FM8 has no skins? Why ImpOSCar has no skins? Why OP-X Pro has no skins?
Why Korg M1 has no skins? Why Albino III has no skins? Why Predator has no skins?

- and what's the problem?
- Nothing.

Because these are music tools and music is all about sound not GUI.
I mostly agree with you there. There are people who spend hours and hours making skins for existing plugins.
Now, if a factory skin is so bad that people have trouble using the synth as such, ok. But Sylenth1 for instance has a pretty good interface, except for mere taste there is nothing to complain about.

Numanoid wrote:Has "Lance" got a username in here, I can send him a PM

Yes he has, or you can prob contact him via his website. Im sure he will happily explain to you that uploading images only is not illegal.

It was a fait accompli question then, you already knew the answer

Numanoid wrote:It was a fait accompli question then, you already knew the answer
Of course, i dont jump to conclusions. I collect the facts first. 8)

Good for you

original gui is like a colorbook.
seeing this ,i am not alone :

https://www.google.be/search?q=sylent1& ... B908%3B591

recursive one wrote: All these skins are warez
Some googling revealed that I was wrong
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

So what are you supposed to do with the pictures, hang them on your wall?

dune_rave wrote:There are no legal skins for Sylenth1 - there's no use complaining.
You talking bullshit here just like Numanoid.

Skinning of Sylenth is allowed by Lennard.
Ruben(LD) wrote:There has been some questions about altering the .dll to make skins and Lennard said if it's for skinmaking only, he's fine with it.

After the release of the 64 bit version of Sylenth we want to work on some changes like a skinnable version asap!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

chk071 wrote:That skin from lotus looks gorgeous though. The default Sylenth skin is not really nice.
while I agree that sound matters more than looks I have to admit that sylenth1, always being in my personal hotlist for the most ugliest vst in existance, has never made it into my arsenal. that might be, of course, a horrible mistake, but still I find it easier to use something I don't have to barf all over whenever I catch sight (ok, some exaggeration in here). I see no reason why a synth that is 139EUR (excluding VAT) should have to look like this does - especially when it could look like that LT skin (which is absolutely great!).

now I have to get myself that LD demo... :phones:

Numanoid wrote:
So what are you supposed to do with the pictures, hang them on your wall?
Sure, knock yourself out.

Return to “Instruments”