Omnisphere - worth $500?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

MachineClaw wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:Stylus RMX shows up in Omnisphere?
no. no stylus RMX in Omnisphere. two separate products that do not work together.

Trillian can be loaded inside of Omnisphere, those 2 products work together.
Figured that, but the way someone mentioned it sounded like he was talking that way. :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
MachineClaw wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:Stylus RMX shows up in Omnisphere?
no. no stylus RMX in Omnisphere. two separate products that do not work together.

Trillian can be loaded inside of Omnisphere, those 2 products work together.
Figured that, but the way someone mentioned it sounded like he was talking that way. :hihi:
True, but I'd argue that RMX does work with Omnisphere & Trilian in a much easier way than any other drum program I'm aware of using Groove Lock.

You can use any midi drum file with Omni or Trilian to lock the feel of the drum loop to envelopes and/or their arps, but using the Time Designer in RMX it's a damn quick way to do it specifically because of the simplify/swing knobs and the ability to change time signatures.

I haven't a clue of what Spectrasonics is doing right now but Eric has said they have big plans for RMX and it would be interesting to see possible further integration with Omni/Trilian (a drum page?).

Why am I keeping up with this thread? :help:

Sounds amazing declan32001, thanks for sharing! Will try that out with some rhythmic patches in omnisphere to see how it sounds. Know of any good tutorials using what you suggested?

Edit- works pretty nice with the arp too. Sweet!
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

declan32001 wrote: I haven't a clue of what Spectrasonics is doing right now...
I thought by now it would be clear that they're starting these threads under dummy sleeper profiles trying to work up some sales to get their Xmas bonuses. :hihi:

BBFG# wrote:
declan32001 wrote: I haven't a clue of what Spectrasonics is doing right now...
I thought by now it would be clear that they're starting these threads under dummy sleeper profiles trying to work up some sales to get their Xmas bonuses. :hihi:
:lol: :lol:

You never know... :scared: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

V0RT3X wrote:Would i know someone used omnisphere to make a track just by listening to it? No probably not.
I actually recognize the samples in Spectrasonics and other libraries quite often while watching TV shows. I'm very familiar with Symphony of Voices' solo female samples, for example.

Sometimes it's fun to spot stuff like this. Some things I've still yet to identify (like the libraries used by Star Craft 1's musician for the Zerg music and interface sfx). I'm always pointing out these reused effects and such to my companion when she watches shows with me. She thinks it's amazing that I recognize sounds. :shrug:

Other times I'm actually kind of let down when I find a really cool sound or phrase is just a sample anyone could use, rather than original sound design by a TV show's audio/music people.

Spectrasonics's stuff is excellent but so well represented in professional studio work, especially TV and film, that it's starting to undermine said productions. Right now, everything "orchestral" done on computer sounds the same. Game soundtracks and TV shows especially, due to budgets and time constraints.

Is Spectrasonics stuff worth the cost? Yes, if you want those sounds.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

The only one I ever "recognize" is RMX. Sometimes in these science channel/similar shows they have obvious RMX stuff. I don't think I'm savvy enough to recognize omnisphere out of a group of similarly typed synths.

I mention that recognition thing in an Omnisphere context merely because of the included Spectrasonics sound libraries. I don't know the presets, just many of the source materials. :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

BBFG# wrote:Worth $500.00?
During Black Friday and Holiday sales?
Definitely not.
my 3-course, gourmet meal is worth no less (to me) because the guy down the road is selling his sandwiches for half-price

you are still reducing the many facets of value to a basic comparison of price, even amongst totally unrelated product

It's all relative, especially when the thread is about price.
And all synths are completely relative (and quite few are better too).
It just becomes completely illogical to buy something that doesn't go on sale during a time when so much will be.
If the price doesn't change, you can get it anytime. So it bottoms the list of things to get when you get so much more for the same price.
(Even under the U-He non-sales, since you can get three of their synths for less at full price).

Once again, your focus is locked in some other thread about Omni.

Let's ask it this way;
Who actually paid $500.00 ($499.99) for Omnisphere?
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

+1 on that. Who would?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

BBFG# wrote:It's all relative, especially when the thread is about price.
no, the thread is about "worth" a.k.a value. while 'worth' and 'value' can be be interchangeable for 'cost', and set by an external source i.e the vendor, they are also personal terms (which exist in spite of their market "value), that is why all arguments coming from a "price" perspective are missing the point. worth/value, in this case, are not dictated by price; the op is not asking "does omnisphere cost $500 ??", nor is he asking "does omnisphere cost more than a lot of other software instruments??"
BBFG# wrote:It just becomes completely illogical to buy something that doesn't go on sale during a time when so much will be.
if i want/need a hammer, does it matter that screwdrivers, saws and chisels are on sale ??
BBFG# wrote:If the price doesn't change, you can get it anytime. So it bottoms the list of things to get when you get so much more for the same price.(Even under the U-He non-sales, since you can get three of their synths for less at full price).
"SO MUCH MORE" !! MMOOOORRRRREEEEE !! MMMMOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR !!

again......a thousand things i don't want/need, regardless of how low they are priced, are not worth the same (for me) as one thing i want/need that is priced relatively high, and never goes on sale

y'know, like a good kvr'er, there was a time when that 'black friday' thread would have had me running to the chemist for gas relief; now, i'm just not interested. that's not to say that there are not great instruments, at great prices, just that (for the music i currently make), there is too much redundancy. 'omnisphere'. 'alchemy' and some drum software is really all i need

as for 3 u-he synths ?? great synths, great company, but i can't justify owning any of their synths. i occasionally lust after 'diva', but i am yet to think of a situation where, in the mix, it would really stand out. i could imagine that changing though. besides 170€ for a few mb of data ?? omnisphere has tons more gigabytes, therefore MMMMOOOOOAAAAARRRRR !! value (see what i did there ??)
BBFG# wrote:Once again, your focus is locked in some other thread about Omni.
no...i'm arguing for worth/value from a personal standpoint i.e the point of this thread (remember !! market 'worth' would not need an opinion thread)

it is you who is confusing the issue by comparing 20 apples to one orange, without grasping that there will be some who will always prefer the orange :shrug:
BBFG# wrote:Let's ask it this way;
Who actually paid $500.00 ($499.99) for Ominsphere?
i bought the upgrade. however, FOR ME the years of enjoyment is easily worth more than $500

:lol: Enjoy your rile.

What's that old adage?
When all you have is a hammer, you tend to see everything as a nail.

BBFG# wrote::lol: Enjoy your rile.
not riled, though i guess idiots do irritate me :shrug:

I can imagine you hit your thumb a lot too. ;)

Return to “Instruments”