if sylenth looked like this i'd buy it :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote: Keep an eye out for the Dune update, he's doing a skin for that :wink:
Or not.......we haven't see sh*t from him yet. :lol:

Anyway I'm using this Sylenth skin from Lance.......after seeing that Lennard has given his blessings. ( I blocked out my name on the screenshot just in case some net nanny gets any wrong ideas).

So, that's the tape-free version of the skin? :lol:

You can actually edit these yourself. I eliminated the tape on mine and changed some of the colors.

Yes the tape was a little tacky (pun intended)......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

valerian_777 wrote:Yeah, without pulse and pw control this synth is shit! Totally useless! :lol:
sylenth _can_ do pulse/square with pw modulation perfectly. just use 1 saw and another saw but the phase reversed one and and modulate the phase of one of them - there you go.
but yeah, sylenth has it´s drawbacks, one of them being thisone. but that the lfo´s are strictly monophonic is another one. and no osc fm and no ringmod is yet another...
then again, this is why it´s so easy on cpu...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Numanoid wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Your intention was to show that skinning Sylenth is not allowed
So you can read minds now then?

What a total lame excuse, if somebody isn't doing their "homework" reading posts its got to be you.
Then tell us why you post the part of the EULA and bored Kriminal to death?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I do love that skin, but the font on the Sylenth is horrendous.

It's the font I would expect an 8 year old to use on their school project.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:I do love that skin, but the font on the Sylenth is horrendous.
It's the font I would expect an 8 year old to use on their school project.
funny, since that particular graphics element was the only thing I was willing to tolerate on the original skin :lol:
without it the LT skinned synth would make it a totally different instrument (which is, of course, nonsense).

lotus2035 wrote:Mine looks like this:

I wont be going back to the regular skin ever. :-) :party:
Only thing I don't like about that skin is that there's no clear colour differentiation between A and B part.

sxc XD
Eternitysound VST Banks

Numanoid wrote:Looks are more important than how it sounds?
If a GUI is close to unsuable (for me), I'll look somewhere else to spend my money. There's always an alternative in this competitive market.

Of course that doesn't go for Sylenth but for a lot of synths I tested.

Lance great Sylenth skin, you have a knack for the vst visuals :) Thanks! Now if I can just figure out how to remove the tape.

bludreamsounds wrote:Lance great Sylenth skin, you have a knack for the vst visuals :) Thanks! Now if I can just figure out how to remove the tape.
Pretty simple really....start at one end and peel toward the other.

Some GooGone afterwards and

Done :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Haha good one Dan.

I hate the original Sylenth skin. Big turn off. And the filing system is a joke. I could tolerate the skin if the filing was good. You could just open it and close your eyes while you cycle through all the leads or whatever. But instead the filing system forces you to go back and click various menus to get to the next group of leads. :evil: It's frustrating cos it sounds so good that it's the first thing I think of :love: , but then I settle for the first sound that fits rather than the best sound for the piece. :? And that's cos I don't want to look at it and don't want to struggle through the stupid menus.

Sylenth is like a hot chick who refuses to brush her teeth. :dog: When I buy Hive, I'm gonna give Sylenth the middle finger.

martingifford wrote:I hate the original Sylenth skin. Big turn off.
Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks it's ugly, for some reason the color scheme is big eyesore for me.

Good to know that a different skin may be installed over a legal version.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”