Problems with certain Zebra skins missing controls

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed some skins (such as the variants of UnAn) have problems, like the XMF filter missing the dropdown menu containing XMF/analogue/biased/eco/folded. Am I missing something or did the theme author unintentionally leave something out?

Hi Sam,
Unfortunately several of those skins have not been updated as Zebra has gotten new features and revisions. I should talk to Urs about what he thinks we should do with that section of the PatchLib.

Your best bet is to stick to the factory skin if you want to be sure all features are available.

Good to know, thanks! I'm guessing most of the skins are for 2.5?

Sam Hulick wrote:Good to know, thanks! I'm guessing most of the skins are for 2.5?
To be honest it's all over the place. Some of the skins were made with Zebra as old as 2.1/2.2. The skin that comes with the Transmission soundset is that old for sure. There are newer ones, and some very interesting redesigns too like Zebra Redux and MFM2's Spaced Out. There's no version number on skins as it's not really a format. It's best to learn the factory skins in my opinion since those are the ones that are supported, documented in the manuals, and maintained.

Some of the skins for products, like Tyrell and Zebra CM, are more reliable as those get revamped less often.

Zebra Redux and my Orange Zebra skin are all good with the latest Zebra versions...

Too bad about Transmission skin not being updated in ages. It's very cool (pun intended :D).

Return to “u-he”