Tone2 UltraSpace

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:
mkdr wrote:
KingTuck wrote:It checks for and will only delete licenses which are illegal to be using in the general vicinity where it's been installed.
Deleting anything without the users content is as much illegal as the illegal licenses to begin with. That is the point.
That is a good point.
Agreed.

As to why the most recent versions of Tone2 products haven't been cracked/DOAd: there's been a Biblical flood of audio/video software in the last few years. Crackers can't cope with all the different protection methods (huge workload) or price (expensive, even with stolen credit cards) for everything. There are/were a few teams, each made of just a few people. Please show some understanding. :hihi: And Tone2 products generally evoke real contempt from the warez community. It's clear why they wouldn't bother.

mkdr wrote:
KingTuck wrote:It checks for and will only delete licenses which are illegal to be using in the general vicinity where it's been installed.
Deleting anything without the users content is as much illegal as the illegal licenses to begin with. That is the point.
Are you sure it doesn't do it WITH the users content? I mean, who really reads the terms of usage? You'd be surprised what's written in there.

Oh, and after my post i just realized that that's another Tone2 thread down the copy protection discussion lane. Haha. :P

http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

toothnclaw wrote:And Tone2 products generally evoke real contempt from the warez community. It's clear why they wouldn't bother.
This wouldn't incite the crackers not to bother. They don't put out these cracks to help support the developers y'know. Strong distaste towards a developer coupled with that developer generally releasing well regarded products would only fuel the fire to try and beat the copy protection. It hasn't been beat yet because it is likely very very difficult to do.
mkdr wrote:
Okay first off it isn't. I get the principle of what you're saying but it's ridiculous regardless. You license the software from Tone2, should they find out that the conditions for this license have been broken, it makes sense they are able to revoke it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was referenced in the user agreement but I don't know that to be the case.

The u-he stuff will periodically check (timebomb) the license being used to ensure it hasn't been blacklisted, if it does such a check and finds out the license is blacklisted, it will be deleted from your u-he data folder and the plugin will return to demo mode. This is the same concept exercised in a slightly different manner. These plugins rely on licenses to validate the product to run in it's full (non demo) mode. If the plugin finds out you're not playing fair, it is absolutely fair for them to blacklist/invalidate the license.

chk071 wrote:
mkdr wrote: Oh, and after my post i just realized that that's another Tone2 thread down the copy protection discussion lane. Haha. :P
Unfortunately yes. You'd think this stuff would be saved for more intrusive copy protection. Madrona Labs phone home. So do Cableguys (or at least I've heard as much). No hate for those devs.

KingTuck wrote:
I prefer the method that u-he have used, which is robust without being at all creepy.
Which is why I check their website once in a while for new stuff. If they came out with an amp sim, I'd toss some money their way.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Time that thing gets out so that people talk about the plugin itself again 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cNOiKA ... e=youtu.be

Why oh why Tone2 do you feel the need to make that tacky video for your stuff?

You make good stuff, but i don't like your promotion idea.
musisikamar.com

That intro made me want to slap somebody. The reverb and delay are noteworthy though.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

can't wait to hear it when i turn off my reverb here and try ultraspace on this :

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/8355786/file.html

The short answer for the video, we did audio demo tracks, but they were really hard to do nicely to be honest, one dry ver., one wet ver., without making everything sound drenched, it just turned out very subtle, and average... The video is an "obvious use" example. Over the top and in your face. Wait for the demo if you don't like the video ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

Ok I guess the demo isn't out yet. I wish they'd have the 1st news blurb as a release.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

GeorgeZ wrote:The video is an "obvious use" example.
Its actually one of the best "obvious use" videos Ive ever seen. It was very impressive in my honest opinion.

Now the opening vocal patch......that's another story.

Regardless, the use examples sounded really well implemented!
Looking forward to trying it.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

I thought the video was great. Sure, the beginning is a bit cheesy like all Tone2 videos but the actual information and before/after examples are very clear and exceptionally well done.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”