Omnisphere - worth $500?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

BBFG# wrote:Just trying to have an open mind and balanced opinion according to what is garnered along the way.
What makes a cult a cult is the absolutes with no basis except as is supposed in its guru.
question... how can you have an open mind when using the word "CULT"?

that is what i mean by talking from both sides of your mouth...

:tu:

Numanoid wrote:So that XX beer, any good ?

Can't get it here.
:lol:
While I haven't drank for almost a score , I do remember it being one of my favorites!
(But it was more about the amber than the pale, which is rather average).
:D

BBFG# wrote:Just trying to have an open mind and balanced opinion according to what is garnered along the way.
What makes a cult a cult is the absolutes with no basis except as is supposed in its guru.
It does appear that the cult of Omnisphere is quite strong in this thread. :o
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

neverenoughfunk wrote:
How can you have an open mind while being a member of that cult?
The two phases lay in the non-critical and the critical.
Those that never reach the critical stage are relegated in their own cult group thought.

BBFG# wrote:When all you have is a hammer, you tend to see everything as a nail.
I love that adage. It's not just funny, it's silly true :-)

Of course, like a good gear lust- er- KVRian, every product looks like potential music I'll never actually make... :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

BBFG# wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:
How can you have an open mind while being a member of that cult?
The two phases lay in the non-critical and the critical.
Those that never reach the critical stage are relegated in their own cult group thought.
lets not get it "twished"... you wrote..."Just trying to have an open mind and balanced opinion"... remember... it is bolded out above...
"Cult" has a negative connotation... how could "you" try to have an open and balanced opinion... while using the word "Cult" which has a negative connotation... there is nothing "open minded and balanced" about that...

ok?

Cult can also have a positive meaning, like in cult-movie

ghettosynth wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:[ i occasionally lust after 'diva', but i am yet to think of a situation where, in the mix, it would really stand out.
Which tells me a lot. It tells me that you don't make the kind of music where filter character is in the forefront of the mix. I've stood in the middle of a club and stopped dancing because the character of an inadequate digital filter comes screaming through the PA. It's the kind of thing that no amount of sound design can overcome if the raw technology isn't there.
Well wow!

Just like my female companion doesn't fully grasp how I recognize sound effects/sample libraries used from TV show to TV show, I still have yet to grasp the difference between "good" and "bad" filters.

I like all kinds of sound and no one sound tech is my focus to such a degree that I demand it be the baseline.

I DO find it annoying, however, when adjusting things leads to stepping, rather than fine gradients (unless steps are what I want). But, if that's what you're talking about, I've never noticed this in music I'm listening too.

I also don't dance :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

neverenoughfunk wrote:
hibidy wrote:I don't understand how anyone could be inspired by being high. It must be like people who work while drunk....they get used to it as being normal.

When I did cid, shrooms, pot, hash I was just stoned :shrug: I didn't get inspired to write music or to change the world or to have highly philosophical conversations. It was for fun.
i could only speak for myself... but i do a ton practicing... more practicing than actually attempting to write... personally... i cant get high before practicing... but usually after a nice practice session... i may smoke a joint for relaxation... i am not saying the actual music sounds better... but i do feel freer musically... cant say getting high inspires me because practicing does that... the weed help "me" feel feeler to experiment with different ideas... sometimes with great results and sometimes with no results...
I started taking acid at 14. I was close with my mother, long story short, so I learned how to 'pull straight'. Music on acid was just revelatory for me.
I got a diploma at the appropriate age in order to be able to get in a music school and for almost two yrs I eschewed pot and acid. I went to conservatory and strong, clean acid was easy to come by. I used to practice all night long on acid. I excelled on it, it amounts to a type of paranoia or hightened awareness, in particular makes it impossible to kid myself, I'm getting detail that I would surely miss. I prepared for jury, and I set myself up for a brutal jury situation, and I think that kind of work paid off. I was still high when I got my theory final, which was A motherf**ker and I about aced it. The 4 pts taken off was bullshit, the guy actually explained the 'mistake' (which I was aware of) sounded great. Hidden fifths in an aug sixth preparation, JS Bach committed same mistake.

I've held jam sessions using it where the energy and communication was telepathic. Which I recorded, back then we recorded about everything, so it isn't a matter of some illusory perception, I was having ideas and able to get them to happen, super inspired, and the energy travels to everybody in the room. I've had those absent substance-reliance, of course. I think alcohol only makes one stupider and slower though, it is after all a depressant, technically. Probably the best lines, most thoroughly formed melody in real time I ever did was on persian heroin.
Which takes the possibility of overthinking or overdoing, the egoist too-many-notes/extraneous bullshit out of the equation and allowed for 'essence'.
Everybody's different, but I do not think it's anything like 'work while drunk/used to it' except that I learned to maintain on it as a child, so I'm not debilitated through it.

I haven't taken psychedelics for 24 yrs, it is kind of taxing physically for me.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spirit wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I've stood in the middle of a club and stopped dancing because the character of an inadequate digital filter
So, girlfriend looks at you puzzled wondering whether suddenly you lose interest in her or something is wrong, or perhaps you recall a dead friend or family tragedy from this tune. No, you explain, it's because of the character of an inadequate digital filter.... :o
:lol: :hihi: :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Numanoid wrote:Cult can also have a positive meaning, like in cult-movie
very true!!!

but the phase "cult-movie" was not used....

the word "CULT" was...

goes back to talking out of both sides of your mouth...

be definitive...

right? maybe? somethings?

Omnisphere is a cult movie?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

No, it's still a negative, except to those in the cult.

:)

and on a non topic thought ....

Eric posted on his facebook page that he has started breaking ground on his personal studio. Apparently 11 years in the making. Picture of a foot and a shovel, very revealing.

I'm not a member of a cult. too many due fees and meetings in the middle of the night. have to wash the robe and hoodie. just to much trouble.

trimph1 wrote:
Omnisphere is a cult movie?
more science fiction...

Return to “Instruments”