Cubase 8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

chk071 wrote:
lfm wrote: Fanboi threads are really boring, if anything.
So are threads full of hating. Just saying. Steinberg threads here tend to be that way. Anyway, enough of that. I'll just suck the kind of information i came for out of them, and ignore the pieces that are not interesting to me.
I choose Cubase because I hate some of the others even more! :lol:

:hihi:

mysticvibes wrote:
egbert wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:hopefully after v8 it won't skip to v10 :lol:
Did Charlie quit and buy a basketball team? :o
think windows os :D
After the perceived failure of Windows 8, Steve Ballmer "retired" as CEO of MS and bought a basketball team.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
egbert wrote:
After the perceived failure of Windows 8, Steve Ballmer "retired" as CEO of MS and bought a basketball team.
Haha, so you got my reference. I thought maybe charlie was the owner of steinberg and the jump from 8 to 10 was maybe basketball points of a basket. Seems like you won this round :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

jancivil wrote:Steinberg website indicates 7.5 OS: OSX.8 and OSX.9 for Mac. I remember the demo for 7. required at least Lion to even install.
oh nooooo!
does anyone use cubase 7.5 with OSX 10.7.5 Lion? any chance it will work although it is not officialy supported? (feels a bit like asking if it will work on Windows XP..)
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Cubase 7.5 is really good for my homerecording needs, but there are some important things, which Cubase 8 should have included:

- Better Bounce/Freeze function like Studio One 2
- Better window/plugin structure management
- Variaudio 3 (hopefully as good as Melodyne) ^^

And last but not least
- Far more attractive Upgrade price :P

Docked or not docked??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:Docked or not docked??
not
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

It really perfectly fit the screen, so i think it is. The actual vst amp rack can't do that, and i doubt steinberg spent some time on a bass plug appearance with an unfinished arranger view revamping in the pipeline. So for me it's a yes ! :D

budweiser wrote:The actual vst amp rack can't do that
You might want to go tug on the edge of your amp rack :wink:

EDIT: Also look at the ratio of the transport compared to the Amp Rack. He is basically running a very low low resolution like 1024x768 or so.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

- Better Bounce/Freeze function
Cubase is a fine beast but it's freeze has (imo, mmv, or at least "had") one really major flaw, it didn't adjust with the timeline. No idea if that's still the case or not but put yourself in this situation...

1. You have say, 16 GB of RAM and you load it up while freezing stuff to essentially be playing a large orchestral production that, if running live, would be using 20 gb of ram. Okay.

2. So later on you want to adjust the arrangement, insert or delete bars, and you can't (or caveat, at least "couldn"t), because the frozen bits won't adjust, they'll stay where they are.

3. So now you're using 15 of your 16 gb of RAM and you can't unfreeze everything to adjust the arrangement because you don't have enough RAM. What to do?

No idea if that's changed or not since I last looked but try it... "Insert or Delete Time" with frozen tracks. Maybe they changed that in 7, no clue.

mysticvibes wrote:
egbert wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
egbert wrote:
Haha, so you got my reference. I thought maybe charlie was the owner of steinberg and the jump from 8 to 10 was maybe basketball points of a basket. Seems like you won this round :hihi:
That would be Charlie Steinberg, the original developer of Cubase.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

SJ_Digriz wrote:
In Windows it only stretches a little, not enough to cover the screen.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

SJ_Digriz wrote:

EDIT: Also look at the ratio of the transport compared to the Amp Rack. He is basically running a very low low resolution like 1024x768 or so.
Frankly i don't know.. It could also be a kind of mac/retina resizing thing (pc guy here)... However i have the strong feeling we will have the answer soon :D

LawrenceF wrote:
- Better Bounce/Freeze function
Cubase is a fine beast but it's freeze has (imo, mmv, or at least "had") one really major flaw, it didn't adjust with the timeline. No idea if that's still the case or not but put yourself in this situation...

1. You have say, 16 GB of RAM and you load it up while freezing stuff to essentially be playing a large orchestral production that, if running live, would be using 20 gb of ram. Okay.

2. So later on you want to adjust the arrangement, insert or delete bars, and you can't (or caveat, at least "couldn"t), because the frozen bits won't adjust, they'll stay where they are.

3. So now you're using 15 of your 16 gb of RAM and you can't unfreeze everything to adjust the arrangement because you don't have enough RAM. What to do?

No idea if that's changed or not since I last looked but try it... "Insert or Delete Time" with frozen tracks. Maybe they changed that in 7, no clue.
You nailed it. And no, the freeze was not updated until now. I seriously hope it's been done in v8 because it's a bummer.

The 1st of December is almost gone, and no signs of Cubase 8 :?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”