About timing on triggering clips in clip launcher

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, a little test to bring your attention about timing when triggering clips in clip launcher. The test is very simple:

1) track 1: a clip of 4/4 kick sample in raw mode
2) track 2: the same clip of track 1 with a tool plugin to reverse the polarity
3) play the clip on track 1
4) play the clip on track 2. you should see silence on master track
5) stop clip on track 2. then play again clip on track 2
6) master track shows a signal...clips are not more aligned (try few times stop/play track 2 clip)

Another thing to say is that this doesn't happen if you are in a looping range in the timeline with global loop enabled.

A short .gif showing what's going on. Hope this help cheers

None has feedback on this? It is a really important aspect of bitwig. For example in a real scenario you are going to get phase cancellation if you trigger a snare clip over another snare clip (layering) after stopping one of them. Just an example, but you can find others. Of course this is more noticeable on drum samples/loops but not only.

spinlud wrote:None has feedback on this? It is a really important aspect of bitwig. For example in a real scenario you are going to get phase cancellation if you trigger a snare clip over another snare clip (layering) after stopping one of them. Just an example, but you can find others. Of course this is more noticeable on drum samples/loops but not only.
Well, you can't expect too much, as you did post late friday night in europe time and I'm sure even the Bitwig guys need a little break sometimes ;)

I tested with Beta 8 and can confirm what you have said, and I get the random phasing/timing issues when launching identical clips. Also as you say this does not happen when the arrangement loop is enabled.

It may be worth sending a bug report to tech support, then it will get logged in the system properly :)

goatgirl wrote:
spinlud wrote:None has feedback on this? It is a really important aspect of bitwig. For example in a real scenario you are going to get phase cancellation if you trigger a snare clip over another snare clip (layering) after stopping one of them. Just an example, but you can find others. Of course this is more noticeable on drum samples/loops but not only.
Well, you can't expect too much, as you did post late friday night in europe time and I'm sure even the Bitwig guys need a little break sometimes ;)

I tested with Beta 8 and can confirm what you have said, and I get the random phasing/timing issues when launching identical clips. Also as you say this does not happen when the arrangement loop is enabled.

It may be worth sending a bug report to tech support, then it will get logged in the system properly :)
eheh yes i was asking only for user feedbacks , i know bitwig guys need some rest xD. It is to worth to ask here before send something to techsupport

I can confirm this in 1.1.1 RC1

Also confirmed.

FIXED - Clip launcher clips we're slowly drifting apart due to accumulating rounding error.
I think it's fixed. I was unable to reproduce this in 1.1.1

Is this a different bug? They have a lot in common. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=425435

trollology wrote:
FIXED - Clip launcher clips we're slowly drifting apart due to accumulating rounding error.
I think it's fixed. I was unable to reproduce this in 1.1.1

Is this a different bug? They have a lot in common. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=425435
Yep now it is much better, although i can still get that issue sometimes. Anyway much better than before :wink:

Return to “Bitwig”