iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

BBFG# wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK I've installed the additional patches - bummed to find it still has no atmospheres or textures. What I have tried so far is extremely boring and unadventurous - in particular some of the basses and leads are just a waste of Iris's capabilities - the first bass patch for example contains several samples but is not really making any use of them and is just monotonous and could have been done easily in a bog standard VA.
I think that was its point for the new libraries. To be something more standard and useful in a common mix and for live. Something I noticed at the show was the introduction of new and younger personnel - with the majority of the audience in the same age group.
I don't see how they are useful - you could make these sounds in any basic synth and probably do a much better job. Instead of playing to Iris's strengths they are just exposing its weaknesses.

Anyone who downloaded my initial presets should do so again. Fixed the Macros and got the movement back in the sounds...

Has anyone managed to assign midi cc manually? (by typing in the number)

aMUSEd wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK I've installed the additional patches - bummed to find it still has no atmospheres or textures. What I have tried so far is extremely boring and unadventurous - in particular some of the basses and leads are just a waste of Iris's capabilities - the first bass patch for example contains several samples but is not really making any use of them and is just monotonous and could have been done easily in a bog standard VA.
I think that was its point for the new libraries. To be something more standard and useful in a common mix and for live. Something I noticed at the show was the introduction of new and younger personnel - with the majority of the audience in the same age group.
I don't see how they are useful - you could make these sounds in any basic synth and probably do a much better job. Instead of playing to Iris's strengths they are just exposing its weaknesses.
Well, use and marketability are not necessarily mutually inclusive.
Perhaps they were looking more at the spectral competition's sound sets?
All conjecture, and I agree, it doesn't show its strengths.
It does show it can be as basic as some might want/need though.

lol the 'random' button loads a random patch - wtf is the point of that?

BBFG# wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Well, use and marketability are not necessarily mutually inclusive.
Perhaps they were looking more at the spectral competition's sound sets?
All conjecture, and I agree, it doesn't show its strengths.
It does show it can be as basic as some might want/need though.
Yeah, oh well at least the sample library will offer a lot of scope for those of us that want to make some usable presets.

aMUSEd wrote:lol the 'random' button loads a random patch - wtf is the point of that?
Yeah, and the combo Random+Update deletes a random patch :party:

I would like to see the Macros be bipolar, so you could set up something where if you turn down the delay you could turn up the chorus, or play reverb against distortion, etc.... Hell, even if just turning down filter cutoff and raising resonance.....

dnekm wrote:I would like to see the Macros be bipolar, so you could set up something where if you turn down the delay you could turn up the chorus, or play reverb against distortion, etc.... Hell, even if just turning down filter cutoff and raising resonance.....
Yeah, the old x/y-pad in v1 was good for such things, so maybe bring back the x/y-pad, Brad?

But this is also possible with the new Macros, if you set the delay e.g. to 50% wet and then assign inverted Macro 1 to mix level (so that when you dial in M1, delay mix gets decreased) and at the same time assign Macro 1 to Chorus mix level then that would yield the results you're looking for.

Spitfire31 wrote:T-I-M-E-S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G! :hyper:

Please… :pray:

And, of course, full compatibility/translation for Iris 1 sound banks.

/Joachim
Dear Brad,
one thing; people buy software for what it can do today AND POTENTIALLY tomorrow. Please .. kindly: fix that by mending your existing customer base with full compatibility/translation for Iris 1 sound banks, and potential customer base with fixing T-I-M-E-S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G!
Please…
+1 :pray:

Dear Brad,

how about some improvements/alternatives in the paint brushes?
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Dear Brad,
If I might add two more requests:
1. Brushes should have a resize and soft edge options.Capitalize on your power points, right?
2. As a Bitwig Studio user, I am annoyed to see Iris 2 macros don't have their name changes reflected in Bitwig Studio device knobs. They had similar problems In a couple of other vst synths, and would be great if you can fix that.
Thanks
Last edited by c-wave on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beats/ bars grid option in the display and snap to grid option for the drawing tools.

Hi Brad

A big thanks for showing up here. We're not that terrible; you will see that (most!) people calm down when they know they are being listened to and that steps are being taken to ameliorate our concerns!

You have invited emails but I am sure you have better things to do than respond again and again to similar issues being raised so it would be great if you could keep us updated and informed on the thread here, which should save your time in the long run.

You have such a long list in this thread of bugs to fix / feature requests (some fairly easy to implement, others perhaps less so), that the release of Iris 2 starts to look more like a public beta phase.

With this in mind, would you be able to release (preferably) a time limited beta until you have at least fixed preset compatibility, or (less preferably) another 10 day trial period when you release the update with this issue fixed, so that we can test our version 1 patches properly?

Hopefully you will be able to extend the $99 upgrade period until these issues are resolved (or abandon altogether the $149 ugrade price which would now appear to be completely unreasonable).

If/when preset compatiblity is fixed will it be safe to assume that you will be making available for Iris 2 all the presets for Iris 1 and its additional sound libraries?

In the hopefully unlikely event that you fail to provide 100% preset compatiblity, would Izotope be prepared to commit to maintaining Iris 1 for existing owners through future DAW and operating system releases?

Just a simple one...

Why do I have to tick preview sound every time I want to load a sound...Can we have this as a globl option so it just stays on?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”