Install Synth1 Presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was recently introduced to Synth1, and I love some of sounds I have heard. I installed the instrument without issue, and can launch it in my DAW. However, I have not been able to install any presets. The instructions I was given are:

1. Unzip main zip file (this creates a regular folder with several presets in their own individual zip files)
2. Copy the unzipped folder to any directory on my main hard drive (OS X)
3. Launch Synth1
4. Click the "Opt" button
5. Use the upper-most "Browse" button and select the folder containing all of the preset zip files

I have done this multiple times and still cannot get any presets to appear. Every soundbank just has the initial sound as an option. What am I missing?

Using Windows, I copied the zip folders into a sub folder within Synth1's own folder called zipbank. (in program files)
:tu: All is good

When I installed Synth1 on my Mac, it didn't make any subfolders, it was just a VST file that I had to place in my VST directory. My DAW can see it there and launch it, but there aren't any subbank/zipbank folders created. I tried manually creating them but that didn't help.

Is there an initsettings Application in your synth1 folder ? If so run that and see if that helps (it resets synth1)

hwangman wrote:I was recently introduced to Synth1, and I love some of sounds I have heard. I installed the instrument without issue, and can launch it in my DAW. However, I have not been able to install any presets. The instructions I was given are:

1. Unzip main zip file (this creates a regular folder with several presets in their own individual zip files)
2. Copy the unzipped folder to any directory on my main hard drive (OS X)
3. Launch Synth1
4. Click the "Opt" button
5. Use the upper-most "Browse" button and select the folder containing all of the preset zip files

I have done this multiple times and still cannot get any presets to appear. Every soundbank just has the initial sound as an option. What am I missing?
http://www.vstcafe.com/2010/04/8749-synth1-patches.html

At this link, there is a link to download an archive of 89 soundbanks.
Then follow the install instructions for the sounds themselves.
Cheers

glokraw wrote: At this link, there is a link to download an archive of 89 soundbanks. Then follow the install instructions for the sounds themselves.
Cheers
I don't think the OP has a problem downloading patches, It's an issue with getting synth1 to find the patches after opening the vst.
Inside of the synth1 vst folder it should look something like this. The OP claims that all that was in the download was the vst file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, all.

Maomoondog, you are correct. I was able to get all of the patches I wanted. I just couldn't "point" Synth1 to them and have it recognize that there were additional sounds. It looks like I only installed the program and not the factory preset file (not included by default for Mac installs). After installing that file/directory, it is reading the big bank of presets. Thanks everyone!

Glad you got it sorted out :)
Enjoy Synth1 :tu:

Thanks! I've only been through about a dozen presets but they are all amazing!

hwangman wrote:Thanks! I've only been through about a dozen presets but they are all amazing!
I have close to 10.000 patches :hihi: An epic trawl through them for sure :) There is also a thread here
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=410443
Where you can find even more sounds :D

HEY I'm having the same problem right now, but I'm not sure where to save this factory preset at.

I'm also not getting a large series of folders like the one image above depicted.

Return to “Instruments”