Previewing audio samples in Browser........Any one having issues (Video Example)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu: Hello guys I have a problem with regards to previewing samples in the Browser. Before I start explaining I did contact Tech Support and they said this is normal but just started happening with 1.1. The audio samples I am previewing are in the 125 BPM range and straight up house loops. The samples in the video are loop master packs but happens with all audio in my library. The tempo of the project is 124 so there is no massive time stretching needed for the samples as they are roughly the same bpm as my project. When BitWig is in play mode the samples sync to the project with no issues BUT when BitWig is NOT in play mode and I am previewing samples from the browser I get a lot of stuttering of the same samples. I am always previewing samples when BitWig is not in Play mode and this is pretty important to my work flow. I never had any issues with BitWig 1.0 - 1.15 just 1.1. Any of you guys having this problem with the browser in the video link below.........Your help would be much appreciated. :tu: :tu:

Thanks Kindly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiRuRxn ... e=youtu.be

Says "this video is private" but I'm pretty sure I've run into this. I've also sent TS about problems playing back at half tempo in the browser (when sync/auto are enabled)

But since I can't see the viddy, I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the reply Hibidy the link isn't private are you sure you can't see it. I had a few people check and it was ok. Anyways I really hope this problem gets fixed. Tech support had said it was normal for this to happen but it is an issue with BitWig not reading properly.

Thanks Kindly

That TOTALLY illustrates the issue I'm having!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I don't know how to make viddys like that. I'll add this thread to my support ticket :D

Thanks right back to you because I was hoping other people have the same issue. I have sent other clips illustrating other issues and will post them to see if other BITWIG users are having same issues.

Confirmed. I encountered the same problem on some loops every now and then while previewing when playback is stopped.

Related feature request - Can we get an option to set preview mode to "loop" while playback is stopped? Currently it is set to one shot. I'd like to automatically hear the audio file play over and over until I select the next file (check out S1's browser for example).
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Good news! I found a reliable way to reproduce this!
This is most often the hard part and a fix should not be much of a problem now!

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:Good news! I found a reliable way to reproduce this!
This is most often the hard part and a fix should not be much of a problem now!

Cheers,
Dom
Glad to hear the fix is coming Dom!

Are you able to comment on getting sample preview to loop when playback is stopped?

Thanks
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Dom thanks for helping and understanding to fix All the bugs with Bitwig we really appreciate your hard work.

You're welcome, Peter!
And Summer2000: It's on the wish list!

dom@bitwig wrote:You're welcome, Peter!
And Summer2000: It's on the wish list!
Thanks Dom. Good to hear that.

Found bug in your software and saying "Good news"....Image mkay

Pprimo wrote:... The audio samples I am previewing are in the 125 BPM range and straight up house loops ....
Try techno loops :wink:

tooneba wrote:Found bug in your software and saying "Good news"....Image mkay
The good news is to be able to reproduce it, and this is how it should be! Every bug we can find and reproduce brings it one step closer to what we would like it to become: the most stable, versatile and creative DAW we know of. And even that is a matter of taste...

Cheers,
Dom

BTW, how do you do this with the video capturing? Is it an expensive program?

Return to “Bitwig”