iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

lnikj wrote:
That really is a showstopper :x :cry: :roll:
Indeed - all the conversion work I did during the last 2 days is lost again due to this re-saving bug which I only discovered this morning, so I am left with exactly one working patch in v2, the one I made from scratch - LOLZ.

I'll stay away from v2 now until Brad comes up with something, otherwise I'm going straight to mental hospital.

dnekm wrote:Just out of curiosity, can someone send me a V1 preset so I can look at it in a text editor?
I think I know what you're thinking, but I have this back from Izotope in a personal email exchange:

"I have been informed that much of our preset information lives outside of just the XML information, thus the extended complications."

Edit: if you look at a V2 patch you will see a massive blob; that is there in V1 too. My initial assumption (earlier in this thread) was that the blob contained only spectral data, but it seems that it is holding other preset information too.

Iris 1-user-ess after 2 days with Iris 2:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
And also the patch I saved a few days ago, which played flawlessly in the video I posted here (Warped Flago Clouds) today has all it's changes lost and defaults to the broken version again, as I had just imported it. Woaaa, this is a bit frustrating....
Yes, this is clearly a bug and not user error, as I can see the labeling of the Macros as I made them in version 2, all functionality is lost, only the labels remain. So it's like an old Mini Moog now, you have to dial in each patch manually before playing, write everything down on paper maybe, if you want to recall some patches :)
So is the Update button the culprit here? How is one supposed to save a patch now? First hit update, then hit save, then walk around the house at full moon and then pray for changes to become permanent?
I don't seem to of had this problem. I create a new patch, press Save (type new name/location etc.), then after any new edits to the patch I press Update. Seems to work OK here.

Yes, but not with a patch imported from Iris 1.

Oh right! So a problem with a V1 patch then.

Did you actually read my posts :)

Yes

Well, read again then, all of these findings have to do with converting patches from v1 to v2.

Sampleconstruct wrote: ∂π√π⁄¨ª∂•ø⁄ºƒø⁄¨ªå⁄‚¨ª∂π⁄¨ª‚∂π√⁄¨ª‚•ø¨√º•‚æø⁄∂ºƒ•æ‚ø∂⁄ƒºª∑©∂Ωç⁄Ω©‚ø¨ªƒ⁄øºπ⁄øº‚∂øç
I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
lnikj wrote:
That really is a showstopper :x :cry: :roll:
Indeed - all the conversion work I did during the last 2 days is lost again due to this re-saving bug which I only discovered this morning, so I am left with exactly one working patch in v2, the one I made from scratch - LOLZ.

I'll stay away from v2 now until Brad comes up with something, otherwise I'm going straight to mental hospital.
Whilst I've been out walking the dog I've been thinking about this and it really makes me wonder. Brad - you say your guys have been flat out on patch compatibility for at least the last 4 days. How is it that you have not spotted this?

I think they will have now a bigger challenge to rectify this problem then to make this entire Version 2 :p
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

It's a tricky situation and iZotope only have 2.5 options left here:

1.) Withdraw the current release entirely from the stores, reimburse everybody who bought it, fix the bugs immanent in v2 and start again by announcing that v2 is not compatible with v1 (like u-he did with Zebra 3, announcing that it will not be able to read Z2 patches).

2.) Continue this public beta test (seems like I'm the only tester here, LOL), invest a lot of man and brain power to fix these mysterious conversion bugs which they obviously totally overlooked or neglected (how can this be) and lower prices on the current release until everything is fixed and maybe even more features are added.

3.) Release Iris 3 as a monophonic VA synth with one oscillator (sine/saw/square), one LFO (sine) and a 12 dB lowpass filter, all analog modelled of course.

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's a tricky situation and iZotope only have 2.5 options left here:

1.) Withdraw the current release entirely from the stores, reimburse everybody who bought it, fix the bugs immanent in v2 and start again by announcing that v2 is not compatible with v1 (like u-he did with Zebra 3, announcing that it will not be able to read Z2 patches).

2.) Continue this public beta test (seems like I'm the only tester here, LOL), invest a lot of man and brain power to fix these mysterious conversion bugs which they obviously totally overlooked or neglected (how can this be) and lower prices on the current release until everything is fixed and maybe even more features are added.

3.) Release Iris 3 as a monophonic VA synth with one oscillator (sine/saw/square), one LFO (sine) and a 12 dB lowpass filter, all analog modelled of course.
You've got me worried now that they might just opt for (3).

lnikj wrote:
You've got me worried now that they might just opt for (3).
Anything sells these days.

Return to “Instruments”