Halion Sonic 2 or Air Expansion Pack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking about doing a trade in for the Air Instrument Expansion Pack. I will have Xpand2 that comes with a midi keyboard soon and I can pickup the full pack of 7 vsti's for just 129 with the recent sale. I'm kinda low on cash so I'd have to sell the Halion Sonic 2. So for the few of those that have both, would you consider it a good trade in? All of Airs Instrument expansion or Halion Sonic 2? I was originally after Hypersonic upgrade and bought the Halion Sonic 2, this was before I even knew of Air Instruments. Would appreciate your input. Thanks
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thanks for your interest in our package!
Are you a student or a teacher? If so we may be able to help out further.
Structure 2 Provides a substantial amount of the same functionality with a massive collection of sounds plus you would get a wide range of sounds with Transfuser, Strike, Loom ect.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

I personally would dump the Xpand pack and keep the HALion.
If it is allowed to sell the Xpand separately?
At least I'm hoping I can do that when I get one of the boards including Xpand in their promotion.
(I don't own either at this point.)

I have the Air Expansion Pack and also the Steinberg Absolute VST. There is no question in my mind that both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I would never sell either of them just to get the other. I would wait and save for the Air Expansion Pack as soon as you could...but not at the expense of getting rid of a fine package with Halion Sonic 2. The sounds included in it are just too good to let go. Xpand2 had some great sounds, but I like the clarity of similar sounds in HS2.

On the other hand, I love Loom and Vacuum Pro.

Just save up till you can have both.

Jon

I have both and while I think the AIR synths sound really nice, I'd say stick with Halion.
AIR's VST products were released with several well-documented GUI bugs and they have been very slow to provide any fixes or updates.
AIR has also eliminated free cross-platform support. This means that if you purchased any of their formerly cross-platform products and want to update to the latest versions you must pay double to update both the PC and Mac versions.
I seriously doubt that I'll be buying or updating any more AIR products in the future.
Steinberg software is rock-solid and provides industry-standard cross-platform support.

-e.B
-- Insert profound words here --

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will probably just save and keep the halsion sonic 2. I also really like it. For the records though, I was taking about the entire Air instrument pack, including Hybrid 2, Loom, Vacuum Pro, etc, versus the Halion Sonic 2.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

As was I. It now includes Hybrid 3.

Same here. Wonderful AIR stuff.

Cool, just surprised someone would choose HS2 over the Air Pack. Just the vids and demos from only xpand2 and hybrid have much much better sounds than HS2 imo.

TTU Youtube

I would not say that it is taking one over the other. They each have strengths and weaknesses...enough that having both is to your advantage. While the Air Exp Pack has a fantastic number of devices and sounds, you would still miss a great deal of things if you got rid of HS2.

And Xpand2 does not come with Air Exp Pack. It is $50 more. As is Riser.

Structure comes close but again, is a far different beast than HS2.

But I have them both. I guess it depends on what kind of music you are making.

BBFG# wrote:I personally would dump the Xpand pack and keep the HALion.
At least I'm hoping I can do that when I get one of the boards including Xpand in their promotion.
Did you own either in the past? I just wondered why you think the AIEP isn't as good as Halion Sonic 2.

Okay so how do I download the halion sonic 2 dvds for a reinstall. it is NO WHERE to be found on steinberg site, even in my steinberg...

TTU Youtube

basslinemaster wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I personally would dump the Xpand pack and keep the HALion.
Did you own either in the past? I just wondered why you think the AIEP isn't as good as Halion Sonic 2.
PACE isn't as 'good' as eLicenser.

Halion 5 does everything Halion Sonic does.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Halion 5 does everything Halion Sonic does.
And more.

Return to “Instruments”