Bazille or Dark Zebra?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

May I just suggest, IF you are hardcore into Zebra, to still consider DZ in the future. The compressors per lane is worth it alone for me.

The Diva HP BITE Filters enables some really organic squealing or nuances, kind of like a sitar on a chalkboard (in a good way) sometimes.

Still have to read the manual to understand the Resonator, but I love it being used in Howard's Gobichord patch - probably my favourite synth preset ever.

And then you have all those presets to reverse engineer and study if you're into making your own sounds and learning synthesis.

Congrats on Diva though! I will buy it for sure eventually. Amazing synth.

Yep agree Ted,

TDZ is next on my list. I love digging around the Z2 patches so is an obvious extension.

Diva was just that little bit more compelling for me to spend my $25.00 coupon on! I regret not picking it up for the introductory offer years ago - and may well do the same for Bazille! Diva is incredibly intuitive for me - mostly the Roland-like modules which are very familiar. Would have loved to have seen a Yamaha CS?? in there somewhere.

Lots of fun but definitely a high-maintenance gal - I've an i7 980 with 24GB ram (6 core/12 with hyper threading) and this chick can still flat-line my system (Studio One v2 DAW) after 6 or so instances! Mostly those patches that are dealing with high quality resonance - well worth it though:-) Just glad I can freeze tracks!

Cheers,
Jason.

jasonwilden wrote:Would have loved to have seen a Yamaha CS?? in there somewhere.
Hi Jason,
i think Diva can cover that area of sounds really good even if the modules aren't the same. There are some presets in the library that sound very CS-ish. They may be a good starting point. Also i would recommend to try out the uhbie filter on some library sounds that go in the direction you're looking for. That filter was a later addition, so it isn't used in the first load of presets. In my experience it can produce very "organic" colours.

OK the thread which won't ever die:-)

I think so too. I know I can get the sounds I used to have.

Just surprised that not more people go for the rather nice Yamaha G-Plan furniture look of the CS-20m - a fave of mine - not such a special synth but equally an extraordinary synth!! I've never seen an emulation of it. It was a pivotal moment of my career when I got my hands on it - monophonic (wat?) and very basic - but given that up until that time I was playing a piano was a whole exciting world of sound - anyway ancient history these days :-)

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... =0&ndsp=35

And a close-up of the oscs!! Oooh - very intimate:-) Come on an twiddle those knobsL= :wink:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gOG1EhQvsM8/U ... 20_vco.jpg

OK all - my last word on this (promise)! Black Friday - could have spent a fortune elsewhere but nothing that piqued my interest - so went for TDZ - seems better value to me and I my wife is used to me spending money around this time of year!

Thanks for all the advice- so now I have the best of both worlds - time to stop collecting instruments and make some actual music!

Cheers!

Return to “u-he”