More Than You Thought Synth (FLUME) tips!!!!

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for tips to try and recreate the synth that comes in at :11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5qRewILzc

I've been messing around with it for a while and can't get it at all... What opens up, the wavetable? Anything helps... PLEASE HELP

Anyone?!?!?!

The woomp bass?
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

soul_junkie wrote:The woomp bass?
yeahhh

Filter envelope.

yeahhh

:D

XorXisT wrote:Filter envelope.

yeahhh

Ha, well thank you ! but what kind of waves do you think? and what filter and when you say filter envelope, are you talking about automating the cutoff of the filter to open up? this is a sound i've been trying to get for a while lol so i have a lot of questions but thank you!

WillNeighbor wrote:
XorXisT wrote:Filter envelope.

yeahhh

Ha, well thank you ! but what kind of waves do you think? and what filter and when you say filter envelope, are you talking about automating the cutoff of the filter to open up? this is a sound i've been trying to get for a while lol so i have a lot of questions but thank you!
Listening again, I think it's a retriggering lfo modulating the filter, because sometimes it open and close the filter, wobble like. So every time you play a note, it will retrigger the filter.

The sound is hard, so I think maybe is a square wave, or a mix square/saw, heavily reverberated, room ambience, very short tail.

Hope this helps!

I still can't figure this out lol. Anyone else have a crack at it?

I think there are two LPF filters, one in the patch and one that is post fx/entire patch = so you also filter the reverb and let the entire note die out. It's a bit rare to have a synth with post fx filters so it could be a daw fx chain insert that gets triggered on note on. Did a little massive patch that emulates this by also modulating the fx send depth and having a reverb with short time and lots of density ... just tweak away but I don't think this sound is made in massive.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/202 ... hBass.nmsv

Can't really say how close to the sound it is because my hearing is way off right now due to a massive (heh) sinus/ear infection. Also I don't like the massive attack envelope shape, it's way too linear and it feels like the sound envelope should be more exponential. My guess is that they use a pretty standard patch and then use the mod wheel or some filter fx plug in on the channel to play with the filter. I think the resonant filter is just so snappy that it is a dedicated plug. Or another synth..

Much of the sound is just the resonant filter and the heavy density reverb (i.e. many reflections).

larm wrote: just tweak away but I don't think this sound is made in massive.

Well, Flume has noted that his synth that he uses is Sylenth1, which I have purchased and bought alongside before purchasing Massive, but I'm more comfortable with Massive, and thought the capabilities of Massive would match Sylenth1. Anyways, thank you so much, ill check out the patch!

Return to “Sound Design”