Soundtoys 5 details

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soundtoys posted a question on their FB page earlier today asking if people would like to see them offer another Black Friday sale. No other info provided from what I've seen.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

CURSES :x

I just know BF is going to be a real problem to resist! That microshifty thing has always had my eye (and no, I was NOT smart enough to get in on the freebie that would have gotten me a decent upgrade path :( )

They haven't given us a definite date for release of v5 am I right?

So if we buy during black friday and want to use this without an Ilok we might be waiting a while, things could get delayed.

I don't want to miss a good sale, but I don't want to use my ilok.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:They haven't given us a definite date for release of v5 am I right?

So if we buy during black friday and want to use this without an Ilok we might be waiting a while, things could get delayed.

I don't want to miss a good sale, but I don't want to use my ilok.
Without ilok? you mean the usb key or even wihtout the software ilok ?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Not sure what he meant, but you will have a choice between dongle pace aka ilok or software pace on you harddrive.
Rsp
sound sculptist

yeah and you can always swap the liscence from one to a other
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Can you swap from a computer with Soft-iLok to the USB-iLok, when the computer is offline?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Too bad the BF sale can't involve a deal on the V5 upgrade for current V4 native users. I guess this will be a sale to try and get people to buy V4 native within the grace period for a V5 upgrade.

Soundtoys said on Gearslutz they are aiming for December release. On their page it says they will upgrade all native bundle buyers who bought after October 1st 2014 with version 5 for free.

I've been really liking the Slate VMR rack way of working all plugs open neatly stacked with one click so looking forward to Soundtoys 5 but I've no idea what the price will be.

Kaboom75 wrote:Soundtoys said on Gearslutz they are aiming for December release. On their page it says they will upgrade all native bundle buyers who bought after October 1st 2014 with version 5 for free.

I've been really liking the Slate VMR rack way of working all plugs open neatly stacked with one click so looking forward to Soundtoys 5 but I've no idea what the price will be.
@ "after Oct 1/free upgrade: That is nice to know as I might be interested in a goodie or two in the next couple of days (now that I've de-virginized my computer with ilok :hihi: )

@Slate/neat: Yep. But, I guess unless you own several ST's version 5 rack won't be needed.

As of now Soundtoys Native V4 only contains 7 effects. Does that mean that if you buy V4 native now - you'll get the other 5 effects for free when V5 is released? V5 will come with 12 effects.

jackson881 wrote:As of now Soundtoys Native V4 only contains 7 effects. Does that mean that if you buy V4 native now - you'll get the other 5 effects for free when V5 is released? V5 will come with 12 effects.
the answer is on their sire since V5 was announced :tu:

"Soundtoys 5 will ship Q4 2014. Pricing TBA. Soundtoys Native Effects bundles purchased after Oct 1st 2014 will receive a free upgrade to Soundtoys 5."

oct 29th news entry - i assume the upgrade includes everything that comes in V5 :)

http://www.soundtoys.com/news/

Black friday sale email came today. I'm too tired to demo microshift right now but for 79 bucks, I feel I can make a home for it.

Hmmmmm. Looks like I am going to have to get an iLok. Drat!

Heartfeltdawn wrote:Hmmmmm. Looks like I am going to have to get an iLok. Drat!
+1.

Return to “Effects”