FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

So like 5 pages later, ill take a guess and say you still cant name piano notes.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

name piano notes?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Will FL Studio 12 FINALLY have a carriage return?

Image-Line wrote:We are working on OS X. No dates or promises at this point. The above is technology testing for it as they share the same code base.

Regards Scott
:tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

xNiMiNx wrote:So like 5 pages later, ill take a guess and say you still cant name piano notes.
AFAIK still not.
Eternitysound VST Banks

FLS has a toggle that shows note names in the piano roll, yes.

GeorgeZ wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:So like 5 pages later, ill take a guess and say you still cant name piano notes.
AFAIK still not.
Since years you can switch the piano-roll. Basic course for FL can help.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

What he means is putting your own labels on keys in the piano roll. Been using FL for a VERY long time mate, no course required, tyvm :tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Like i said, still cant name...... not cant show names.

What GeorgeZ explained, IE note names in reaper, pitch names in studio1. You can toggle it on, but you cant create a name in FL. Midi out.dll hackjob anyone?

I was just kind of hoping that FL had dropped the 'every vst dev in the world needs to add note names to their plugins, because we dont want to put a simple text file for our users to create their own note names'. Thats not an exact quote, but thats basically what was said.

GeorgeZ wrote:What he means is putting your own labels on keys in the piano roll. Been using FL for a VERY long time mate, no course required, tyvm :tu:
you know you can, if the plugin allows it (yes, VST's can too, ask yourself why they don't, when it makes sense / when the names are known by the plugin)
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Was just answering the question, I have no issues with it, never needed it myself gol ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

xNiMiNx wrote: I was just kind of hoping that FL had dropped the 'every vst dev in the world needs to add note names to their plugins, because we dont want to put a simple text file for our users to create their own note names'. Thats not an exact quote, but thats basically what was said.
Why do you blame the *sequencer* for not displaying something that *the plugin* already knows? Say it's a sampler (what else do you need it for), the plugin already knows the info, or could let you store the info, so that whenever you reload the bank, the names are loaded automatically. But no, better blame the sequencer, and better always have to locate the text file along with the bank, right? Indeed, because the plugin's maker probably isn't answering, while we do.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Oh well, best of luck on the release!

all I care about is how multiple time signatures work in fl. why no talk about updating this yet? I've been waiting like 7 years.

:bang:

GeorgeZ wrote:What he means is putting your own labels on keys in the piano roll. Been using FL for a VERY long time mate, no course required, tyvm :tu:
It is nothing a piano-roll in the sequencer need as tony pointed out. Excuse my ignorance.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”