SquaredHeads Nora: Arpeggiator (2.5 Released!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

spirit wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote: From page one:
Squareheads wrote:When will it be released?
- As soon as possible. We estimate it should be ready by the first week of December.
Happy Musiking!
dsan
*After* all the sales? :scared: Hope I've something left over...
Tips to help insure you have enough to spend AFTER the holiday sales offers are over:
1.) Identify and prioritize the items you want to buy.
2.) Don't cave in to impulse buying.
3.) Create a budget and stick to it.
4.) Get a job and then get a second, third, fourth job to support your nasty habits :hihi: Like buying software to help you make music.
5.) Save your money and learn to do with what you have. (Yeah I know - dream on buddy :D )

But seriously, if you practice items 1 to 3 you will be far ahead of the game.

Squareheads did say they will offer an intro price of 15% off when version 2 is released. TBH, with December only a few days away, I doubt they will make the anticipated release date and if they do then it will be within the normal Black Friday sales window.

HTH spirit :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

i use energyXT as a kind of 'front end' for Sonar and record it's midi output into the DAW. this works but has timing problems in some instances. i use Kirnu Cream and Bluearp too and those and all the others don't work in Sonar if you try and do anything with more than one instance and in the case of Cream especially since it has four parts going in one instance, Sonar hangs frequently and the note timing looks off in the pianoroll after you record them on another track (the only way in Sonar to record the output of a midi VST).

i'm a little concerned this problem will be even worse with 8 parts in NORA 2.0.

nevertheless, there is no push by me for this feature and thanks for all the hard work on NORA 2.0 and i can't wait to start using it!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

After the release (and debugging) I will add an auxiliar recorder in the help menu. This recorder will be removed in future updates when I develop a superior system.

nexussynth wrote:i use Kirnu Cream and Bluearp too and those and all the others don't work in Sonar if you try and do anything with more than one instance and in the case of Cream especially since it has four parts going in one instance, Sonar hangs frequently and the note timing looks off in the pianoroll after you record them on another track (the only way in Sonar to record the output of a midi VST).
:o

So, I need to step back from my earlier assumption that this feature is not necessary.

elassi wrote:
nexussynth wrote:i use Kirnu Cream and Bluearp too and those and all the others don't work in Sonar if you try and do anything with more than one instance and in the case of Cream especially since it has four parts going in one instance, Sonar hangs frequently and the note timing looks off in the pianoroll after you record them on another track (the only way in Sonar to record the output of a midi VST).
:o

So, I need to step back from my earlier assumption that this feature is not necessary.
well i might have exaggerated, yes and it is likely different on different computers but you do hear of complaints of this sort on the different forums for these arpeggiators from time to time.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

SquaredHeads- could you maybe offer the reduced price Nora 2 as a pre-order now? I expect a lot of people will be spending their money on Black Friday sales, and may not have any left for later, if they can't buy Nora 2 now. Or just offer Nora 1 at the introductory price you were going to offer Nora 2 at, with a free upgrade - then I'll buy it right now!

I must say that I really like what you guys are planning. Looking forward to version 2.0. I cannot imagine not buying it.

I will try to do it if I can, because Nora 2 is really close, the first versions in VST format (Win/Mac) should be here in 12-36h. If they delay more I will follow your suggestion. :)

However, and this is just a personal thought, whoever could spend 150€ on a synth that may become obsolete relatively soon (with a newver similar synth), can afford tools like Nora, that due to their mechanics will be useful forever and may rescue your 'old' synths.

Martin Simon wrote:I must say that I really like what you guys are planning. Looking forward to version 2.0. I cannot imagine not buying it.
Thank you, if you liked Nora 1.4, I'm sure this one will be the cornerstone of your music, and you can learn it really fast :)

Any thought on setting v1 to freeware?

Reasoning::: V2 seems to have so many new features, many new v1 users would be introduced to Nora and thus interest in v2 could be expanded.

Any thought on setting v1 to freeware?

Reasoning::: V2 seems to have so many new features, many new v1 users would be introduced to Nora and thus interest in v2 could be expanded.
I would think that setting v1 to freeware isn't needed to expand interest.

Version 2 features are a result of SquaredHeads listening to their user base. That should expand interest to Nora and SquaredHeads as a company. Also, they are offering a discount to new users. Finally, they are not charging existing users to upgrade.

At the price point they are selling version 2, I hope they sell a lot and their hard work is rewarded!

^^ +1 i sign on this

Yup the feature set of v2 indeed looks interesting.
If it only wasn't so ugly... It looks a bit like the (even uglier) little brother of absynth :help:
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!

Yeah, the general look of the UI is not that great. It would be nice to have at least a color selector.

Dr.Gunjah wrote:Yup the feature set of v2 indeed looks interesting.
If it only wasn't so ugly... It looks a bit like the (even uglier) little brother of absynth :help:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:Yeah, the general look of the UI is not that great. It would be nice to have at least a color selector.
You two really don't get what was written in the first post?

Little hint: Create and share mods..
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Instruments”