FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

tony tony chopper wrote:But pitch is -already- pre-linked in all of our templates, so if you pretend it's not, then adding mod wheel isn't gonna help.
Yes, pitch is pre-linked, but mod wheel isn't, so I really don't understand what you mean here. I'm not pretending the pitch isn't pre-linked. I can't understand how linking the mod wheel on a MIDI keyboard to the mod wheel in VSTs that have one (like Sylenth, etc.) is wrong. If it defaults to the 'wrong' parameter in an FL synth, so what? The user can change it easily enough, can't they?

basslinemaster wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:But pitch is -already- pre-linked in all of our templates, so if you pretend it's not, then adding mod wheel isn't gonna help.
Yes, pitch is pre-linked, but mod wheel isn't, so I really don't understand what you mean here.
Someone complained that pitch & mod wheel weren't linked by default.

There is no hardcoded link for the pitch, it's something I did & saved in the templates. You can do the same in a few clicks, and if you don't want to, I'm sure someone will post an FLP for you - problem solved. We have our reasons not to pre-link a parameter that none of our own plugins have. So much fuss for something that requires a few clicks.
Last edited by tony tony chopper on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote:We have our reasons not to pre-link a parameter that none of our own plugins have.
Laziness?

that's your reason? Do you need us to make music for you too?

basslinemaster wrote:I can't understand how linking the mod wheel on a MIDI keyboard to the mod wheel in VSTs that have one (like Sylenth, etc.) is wrong.
Actually it's not only important with VSTs that 'show" a modwheel. Every decent preset designer hooks the MW to his/her sound. It's pretty common for a good reason ---> because it's there, at hand, and provides a lot of additional magic to keyboard playing if the patch design allows it. Imagine you'd grab a mouse instead... :roll:

But as it has been said: you can overcome this 'speciality' of FLS by configuring your own templates.

tony tony chopper wrote:that's your reason? Do you need us to make music for you too?
If you could. I'm too busy finding workarounds in FL to make music at the moment.

Some people here obviously troll every FL thread. I really admire the patience of the Dev.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Some people here obviously troll every FL thread. I really admire the patience of the Dev.
You do know they are the same person, right?

While we're at it: how do I send MIDI to the VST-version of FLS?

The MIDI-icon flashes in green upon incoming signals and reports "unhandled". No generator is triggered.

elassi wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:I can't understand how linking the mod wheel on a MIDI keyboard to the mod wheel in VSTs that have one (like Sylenth, etc.) is wrong.
Actually it's not only important with VSTs that 'show" a modwheel. Every decent preset designer hooks the MW to his/her sound. It's pretty common for a good reason ---> because it's there, at hand, and provides a lot of additional magic to keyboard playing if the patch design allows it. Imagine you'd grab a mouse instead... :roll:

But as it has been said: you can overcome this 'speciality' of FLS by configuring your own templates.
Actually gol's post is misleading. I had a discussion with him on the IL forums about the fact that Sawer - an IL plugin - doesn't support the mod wheel when using the FL plugin version. His answer was basically "use the VST version and map it yourself".

Go figure.

sjm wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Some people here obviously troll every FL thread. I really admire the patience of the Dev.
You do know they are the same person, right?
Sure i know that (tony tony chopper = gol).. ..Why do you think i wrote that about the Dev???
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

sjm wrote: Actually gol's post is misleading. I had a discussion with him on the IL forums about the fact that Sawer - an IL plugin - doesn't support the mod wheel when using the FL plugin version. His answer was basically "use the VST version and map it yourself".

Go figure.
I'm not "Image-Line" and Sawer isn't my plugin, if you have a problem with it, contact Image-Line. I'm responsible for my own work, I don't do babysitting. I designed a plugin SDK, I'm not responsible for the way it's used.
For a list of who did what, see FL's about box, and if you're of the kind "I don't wanna know, I'm the client here", then contact IL, and the problem will be forwarded to the one(s) involved. All I can say if a plugin wasn't adapted as a proper FL plugin is, use its original version.

You know like me who wrote Sawer (and that he writes VST's, hence Sawer being a VST), he was known here before working for IL.

elassi wrote:While we're at it: how do I send MIDI to the VST-version of FLS?

The MIDI-icon flashes in green upon incoming signals and reports "unhandled". No generator is triggered.

Add-on: The help file says:

"All FL Studio channels can be controlled via MIDI messages from the host. To do so, create a MIDI channel in the host, select the FL Studio connection plugin as an output and check the instruments list."

Never saw this kind of plugin. :shrug:

I just figured 3 osc has some nice rhodes and i also wanna use with Soundfont Player but obviously are VST's that dont have PITCH BEND/MOD WHEEL FUNCTION and how do i set up both for MOD/PITCH TO LINK WITH MY MIDI?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”