Snowify for NI not working.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am running Mac 10.6.8 and according to a thread on here, someone made a terminal script that aparently creates an installer that will allow installation on systems prior to what it has been programmed to think it requires. People replied saying it worked, but to no avail was I able to get the generated new package to not give me the warning that it will not install unless I have 10.8.

The fixapps command also doesnt work for me, and I followed the instructions. - Still shows as not being openable.

Could the maker of that script please help out, cheers.

I am not that person. but -

Which installer isn't being changed? I just did Reaktor 5.9.2 again to demonstrate.
When it works, you'll see this:

Some observations/tips, not that I'm assuming you haven't done and for future reference:

1. snowify has to be in the same folder as the installer.
2. once run, a new file is created in a 'snowified' folder, with 'for 10.6' appended to the file name.
3. once there is a 'snowified' folder as a result, subsequently it believes its job is done as per its higher level folder. So if you need to do another snowify, you must delete that folder it created or just do it in a different directory.

Another strategy should you get tired of this, an app called Pacifist, which will extract all the things from the installer. You have to know where everything belongs.
There isn't that much to it, explore Libary/Application Support/Native Instruments and get a lay of the land. Except for that, Library/Audio/Plugins and Applications are pretty obvious residences for the plugins and when applicable, the .app.

As per the fixapps, I have seen it not take at first and later work. But I think there were one or two that never took, that indicate 10.8 or above, and for instance once you get the components of the software out via Pacifist and particularly the .app won't open:
Right-click and Show Package Contents. Here there is 'info.plist'; open that and towards the bottom is 'Minimum system version'. Change that to 10.6., save it.
EG: this Reaktor 5.9.2 (for 10.6).pkg is going to produce a .app that won't open. Once min. sys. version was changed, it did work normally.

AHA. Update. I can't get a workable installer for Kontakt 5.4.2 out of it. So I'm not able to have a Kontakt 5.4.2.app at all as it stands. The extracted .app with property 'minumum system version' 10.6 isn't doing it either. I believe I can get workable plugins but I'm not certain without testing.

-- So far, no joy. :(

Update: Kontakt 5.4.2 does not appear to work in Snow Leopard, period. Same with 5.4.1. So they aren't just making it so installers don't work.

Return to “Instruments”