Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bought diva yesterday.. runs fine on ubuntu 14.10 with bitwig. i think im going to buy satin next month.

kling1 wrote:bought diva yesterday.. runs fine on ubuntu 14.10 with bitwig. i think im going to buy satin next month.
Fantastic! :tu:

A quick question:

Can we go ahead and purchase the synths via the start-up splash ad ? I ask since they're currently still in beta, I'm unclear re: their general availability.

Thanks !

dp

StudioDave wrote:A quick question:

Can we go ahead and purchase the synths via the start-up splash ad ? I ask since they're currently still in beta, I'm unclear re: their general availability.

Thanks !

dp
I'll ask Urs to drop a comment here, but I think that it if you're satisfied with the current quality of the beta then it should be OK to buy.
Last edited by abique on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd be surprised if you could not. All u-he plugins have only one serial number for the Mac or Windows version, regardless of plug-in format.

Of course, we should get a comment from Urs himself before anyone buys purely for Linux. :)

removed

I'm happy with the quality of the current beta builds, so I've already bought several u-he synths and I use them. If you have no any significant issues, then definitely you may buy what you want.

Anything that's not yet released is always to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think however that there's a major problem. If the Linux builds work for you, there's no need to hold back.
bmrzycki wrote: I'd be surprised if you could not. All u-he plugins have only one serial number for the Mac or Windows version, regardless of plug-in format.
That's correct. It's one serial number for all formats. So if one buys, say, a Bazille license, he can use that to unlock the Bazille Linux demo.

Cheers,

- Urs

Urs wrote:
Anything that's not yet released is always to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think however that there's a major problem. If the Linux builds work for you, there's no need to hold back.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm planning a purchase today, ACE is calling my name. :) Your pricing is well within my affordable range, and thanks again for the free Podolski. The synths and processors are running nicely here in Bitwig 1.1, on Fedora 19 with the Planet CCRMA packages, though my hardware is underpowered for some patches, especially in Diva. I hope to upgrade the machines here before Christmas.
Urs wrote: ... It's one serial number for all formats.
Good to know. Another feature. :)

Best,

dp

[Edit] Purchase was handled without a problem, registration codes entered as required, and I'm now running a licensed ACE. Smooth process, now I'm going back to playing it in Bitwig.

Once again, thank you all for helping to get the best performance with my Imac Ubuntu Bitwig Diva evaluation: It works now with the advise of Studio Dave to use the "performance mode" for the cpus. -it was also a good idea to purchase the Keylab Bundle (incl printed Bitwig manual), but as expected the Arturia hardware "has issues" but in generally I'm amazed about the integration in Bitwig Studio. The on the Linux platform useless "Arturia CC mode" (lack of Arturia VSTs for Linux) is now good for a Diva midi learn scheme and together with the Ableton Push I now have in fully working environment for music production on Linux - I never had one crash in the last 3 days - but It lacks some good sample libs vst like Kontakt - the Bitwig lib didn't fits my needs. And I miss Zebra.

I've been working with Ableton Live many years and this is the first time, that a production suite on Linux really impressing me. I will use the limitations as artistic concept and see where it leads me to. Instead of samples I can use real recordings or make more electronic beats. But I think, the decision, that U-He have started to make linux vst's with a smart cross platform framework - this can be a signal for other developers and producers. And Bitwig is a not perfect but smart Ableton Live clone with the well known workflow - 3 minutes to get comfortable with and start to make music: The time was never better to think about a Linux Daw as a serious alternative.
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Bought Ace also. Sounds very good and works well on my system.
Maybe next month i will buy Satin, but got to try it first :-).

Thanks for making these great plugs available for Linux.
I am having lots of fun getting back into Diva and Ace.
I will probably buy Bazille in the near future.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Hello. Please tell me you put Zebra in this topic? Or will it be different? I look forward to it and are viewing this topic constantly. ;) I have a key for Zebra and love it. And soon buy Uhbik and Diva for linux. ;) It's cool! :tu:

I'll do my best to get Zebra2 here soon ;-)

+1 for Zebra 2 on Linux!
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Return to “u-he”