iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

TabSel wrote:That's just calm down talk, I bet. There won't be smaller chunks posted, I bet. Sorry to be so negative, but been there, seen that.
I get that sentiment ... but I say let's give Brad a chance ...

KenB

I'm now an iZotope Iris 2 owner, please get things sorted out, I'm cheering for Simon, and the iZotope team to come through this bumpy ride!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm now an iZotope Iris 2 owner, please get things sorted out, I'm cheering for Simon, and the iZotope team to come through this bumpy ride!
"Bumpy ride" shure is a grammy-award-worthy euphemism for all of this :)

i was thinking abysmal abyss
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Dear Izotope,

thanks to you for breaking patch campatibility in iris 2 with the first version,
I was able to save my money.

Now, on blackfriday-sale I bought Air Loom, an amazing additiv syth for 49,- bucks.
Of course, I have could bought Vacuum Pro and Velvet, also with the BLACKFRIDAY49 coupon.
So three synths for less than 149,- $ (thats the price, some companies want just for one Update)!!!

In conclusion,
an big thank you for preventing me to update IRIS
and goodbye,

Rokkie2

Yes- Bazzile and Serum (my 2 best purchases of the year) were both less than the upgrade price, even on discount! 100 bucks is about the cost of a full and powerful VSTi now adays... By the time you get to 3 hundred bucks you can buy good hardware synths!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Iris 2 upgrade: $83.99
Bazille: $89.00

IRIS2-Update 149$ (reg. till 11 Dec.)
Bazille sill $89 ;-)

Email announcement was 99 for update and you can get it from online dealers for 87 and 84.
Still cheaper than Bazille while both are in intro pricing.
(of course, if you have a coupon...)

I'm pretty happy with the price of the upgrade when the rough edges get filed down a bit, the patch conversion thing glitches have me swallowing hard when I think of the frustrations for the men at the bleeding edge...

:phew:

I bought the upgrade now because my gut feeling is that the huge amount of the work that's gone into making the many excellent sound libraries will push these start up issues/glitches out of the path soon enough..

Just buying the upgrade for those that are interested in this synths workflow moving forward ensures that developers will have some signals that their efforts in getting things set right will payoff!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm pretty happy with the price of the upgrade when the rough edges get filed down a bit…
I bought the upgrade now because my gut feeling is that the huge amount of the work that's gone into making the many excellent sound libraries will push these start up issues/glitches out of the path soon enough..
Just buying the upgrade for those that are interested in this synths workflow moving forward ensures that developers will have some signals that their efforts in getting things set right will payoff!
You should only ever buy what exists, not sweet promises or assumptions. IMHO, of course… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm pretty happy with the price of the upgrade when the rough edges get filed down a bit, the patch conversion thing glitches have me swallowing hard when I think of the frustrations for the men at the bleeding edge...
:phew:
+1

Caine123 wrote:
izobradford wrote:Hi Everyone - I had a giant long message for you but have to keep this brief so I don't upset the spam filter.

Thank you so much for your patience over the past week since Iris 2 came out. I can tell this has been incredibly frustrating for you, and please know that we all feel awful and want to make this right. Your input and bug reports have been critically important to hunting down the worst of the problems, and we hope to have you some answers very soon. We want to make sure we get this absolutely right so we don’t inconvenience Iris 1 users any more than you already have been.

We have an incredible collection of bugs now from your crowdsourced reports but don’t want you to continue going crazy trying to get your Iris 1 patches to work in Iris 2 until we have a solution for you. I encourage you to keep making great music with your original patches in Iris 1, and developing new music in Iris 2. There are so many great feature requests, so please keep them coming. I fear I may miss some of them in this long thread, so it would be helpful if you could send them to me via email ( brad at izotope.com ) so I can keep track of them.

Please keep the emails coming, keep making great music, and have a nice Thanksgiving wherever you are.

All the best,
Brad
Hi Brad,

are you from Izotope? i didnt follow this topic anymore cause it made me depressed. can you check if your pricing system has a bug too for Iris v1 users?

thanks!

+1
BBFG# wrote:Iris 2 upgrade: $83.99
Bazille: $89.00
why does stupidity not hurt sometimes...?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm only still following this because I would have been SOOOO stoked if they had come out with an even sweeter Iris, but I'd also already made my resolution to cut them off after the Ozone 6 downgrade. Those of us who are programmers/systems analysts are familiar with the product development process. It's much better to spend some time developing a testing plan and THEN actually using it to test every single function of your software, and check them off a list. Rolling it out to production before that is cardinal sin number one. It's amazing how the most unlikely, seemingly unrelated things can break during coding. I can put together some guidelines for young coders for a consulting fee. My steam went to red when the vectorscope display was missing the "cloud" in O2, which would be nearly impossible to miss by any fledgling coder who tests at all. You could catch it with the speakers unplugged. As far as Izotope has informed me (not a peep), it still hasn't been noticed on their end. They have my user info. I paid. Should I jump through the hoop some more or them? Remember when I posted the form response that I got from Izotope saying that it's not their policy to get involved in forum discussions? Did that translate to "shut up. You're just one little customer."? And now, here's Brad (sorta).
Last edited by rustman on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sorry double post, but I checked and corrected it immediately.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Instruments”