FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

goldengate wrote:pics
You better get in touch with this Melda Production guy.

Afterwards you'll praise Gol for his CRM (customer relationship management)... ;)

tony tony chopper wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:But pitch is -already- pre-linked in all of our templates, so if you pretend it's not, then adding mod wheel isn't gonna help.
Yes, pitch is pre-linked, but mod wheel isn't, so I really don't understand what you mean here.
Someone complained that pitch & mod wheel weren't linked by default.

There is no hardcoded link for the pitch, it's something I did & saved in the templates. You can do the same in a few clicks, and if you don't want to, I'm sure someone will post an FLP for you - problem solved. We have our reasons not to pre-link a parameter that none of our own plugins have. So much fuss for something that requires a few clicks.
It was me that started the whole thing about it. I just think its kind of stupid if not "Retarded" to have to go in and pre-link the Midi CC to the parameter to the etc.. Its a bit naughty really.. If i wanted to set up a "Parameter" then i would go work for the Police Department.

Word to all, here's a list of some things (off the top of my head) that either we or other people said would never be in FL Studio that were so crucial to even a single note being rendered from the program:

1. Multiple undo
2. PDC
3. Auto PDC
4. 64 Bit VST support
5. FL Studio as a 64 Bit application
6. Audio Recording
7. Multiple outputs
8. Sidechain sends in the Mixer
9. Sidechain compression
10. VST support

And there was much hand wringing and shouting on forums and hissy fits and, and, AND ... those are all now standard features. Importantly, our customers didn't have to pay *anything* to get those upgrades. I hear some people are being charged to get Drag and Drop support in their DAW, imagine that! :D

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:37 am, edited 11 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Thank you Scott! Are you guys close? I like what I have so far!!!!

thejonsolo wrote:Thank you Scott! Are you guys close? I like what I have so far!!!!
Close to what?

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:Importantly, our customers didn't have to pay *anything* to get those upgrades.
"Free lifetime upgrades" is a feature of FL Studio that you heavily advertise and that people do pay for. I'd not have purchased FL Studio without "free lifetime upgrades" being part of the deal, for example.

I'm not sure how I feel about you "jokingly" calling your customers "blood sucking leeches".

Mivo wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about you "jokingly" calling your customers "blood sucking leeches".
It must be a cultural thing, because that in no way insults customers (perhaps you can explain why it upsets you). It's clearly a jab at (the attitude) of Image-Line staff. But that it has to be explained, suggests irony or satire are not a natural part of your culture.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, for all that gol/IL can infuriate you, they definitely have a decent sense of humour and that extends to a certain amount of self-deprecation at times. They definitely come across as very human - with all the baggage that entails (good and bad).

If only gol weren't so stubborn... :)

^In his defense, he has to be at least a bit stubborn.

Implementing features that aren't exclusively though through (incl in relation to others) can be hazardous for future updates/upgrades/changes... in other words, very hard to remove/replace (apparently "redundant" by today's standards) things not to mess up compatibility with older projects.

Image-Line wrote:It must be a cultural thing, because that in no way insults customers (perhaps you can explain why it upsets you). It's clearly a jab at (the attitude) of Image-Line staff.
That's one way to look at it, and I apologize if that is how it was indeed intended, but the cartoon paired with you stressing that "customers didn't pay for the new features" gave the impression that you actually might think of your customers as annoying and overly demanding. Can't blame you for that as I frequently think that of certain customers of my own, too, but it's not the first time I felt that vibe of "disrespect" (too strong a word) for the people who do spend money on the product.

The "free upgrades thing", for example: Often, it appears (comes across that way) to be mentioned in a way that reminds me of someone giving someone else a gift, perfectly voluntarily, even with a comment that there are no hooks and expectations, and then proceeds to rub it in the face of the receiver with tedious frequency. Not that I feel that free upgrades are a "gift". I appreciate them very much and believe they represent excellent value and make FL Studio a genuinely attractive investment, but they were nonetheless something that directly influenced my decision to make the purchase. This is why I feel that I did pay for those features that are added after the purchase, even though you don't charge me $150 every other year.

Anyway, I'm generally torn on especially Gol's attitude. On one hand, I find his bluntness refreshing and easy to forgive in light of his amazing work and skill. On the other hand, it's one of the aspects that I find off-putting about FL Studio. It doesn't affect the product itself, but still contributes to the perception as you do engage in a relationship with a company when you buy things from them. There are equally talented coders (like Justin Frankel) who don't come across as being confrontational.

But to be fair, all my direct interactions with Image-Line have always been courteous, constructive, and positive.

3ee wrote:^In his defense, he has to be at least a bit stubborn.

Implementing features that aren't exclusively though through (incl in relation to others) can be hazardous for future updates/upgrades/changes... in other words, very hard to remove/replace (apparently "redundant" by today's standards) things not to mess up compatibility with older projects.
Indeed, gols stubbornness is to prevent this...

Mivo wrote:The "free upgrades thing", for example: Often, it appears (comes across that way) to be ...
The only point I was making is that we deliver. If it takes a couple of editions no-one has to pay for FL Studio more than once.

Regards scott

Image-Line wrote: Indeed, gols stubbornness is to prevent this...

:lol:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY

Image-Line wrote:Indeed, gols stubbornness is to prevent this...

although it sometimes leads to this:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”