SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote:I want the noise oscillator from that OTHER new wave table on the market. You can load what ever waves you have into the noise oscillator and then assign it as a modulator. Nifty.
I was thinking this would be irrelevant if we could load user defined waves into the global LFO's. That would give me the ability to modulate anything the Global lfo's can. It would be a simple and neat way of doing it. I still think that a convolver module would really set synth master apart. If we could get a granular filter thrown in I would basically never have to open anything else except a great analogue. :harp:

I don't know if that has happened yet but I'd like to see a Mac version of the skin editor. It would also be great to see just a general update or more ease of use to the skin editor. I've made custom skins in the past and I'm sure there are some great graphic designers out there that would make great skins if only it was easier to use and also available to Mac users.

The current GUI is okay but some new ones would be cool to see too. The skin for your player looks nice, maybe make a skin like that for full synth master as a start? You already have the elements, it would just give us another option. :party:
a.k.a. Airyck Sterrett

+1 to the skin editor thing. Factory skins are not that good. Knowing the awesome synth it is, is easy to just forget about it, but a btter interface would be great. Maybe they should make more interfaces and make them public or update the installer with them.

Kind of offtopic but look at this : http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 74gvhu.png

Hey kv331audio,

thanks for the great multidimensional synthesizer you invented. It's very beautiful sounding. Maybe it will someday replace my also beloved Korg M3 with EXB-Radias. It sounds quite similar to my ears. In comparison to the EXB-Radias module and the normal M3 synthesis (and also some typical moog like stuff), I would like to kindly request the following "little" features. It's possible that I missed that it already possible (but I am quite experienced in programming synths). So here are some points:

1. It would be nice, if "filter 2" of one layer could be also placed after all layer fx like "Disto, Lofi...", so filter 2 can be used to smooth these layer fx types. So I am talking about a fourth filter structure: Split, parallel, series and "pre-after-fx"

2. Some moogs (and maybe others) are capable of modulating the filter using OSC 3. So not the LFO, but a real, fast OSC for filter modulation. With this, it's easy possible to get some kind of the already available LoFi S-H effects, this robotic talking EY-JAY-JAY-sound... But using a fast filter modulation maybe sounds a bit smoother (there was a youtube tutorial in the synth section of kvr lately, but cannot find it any more). So it would be nice, if a) the OSCs would be also available as modulator in the modulation matrix or b) the lfo gets some 2x, 5x, 10x switch, so it could be quite faster than the usual lfos....

3. I also miss some 6dB filter, which is very nice for natural cutoffs.

4. A "left-minus-right" filter mode and also eq mode would be nice. For example using a peaking filter, if something is added to the left, it will be subtracted on the right. In this way very nice and mono stable stereo fx is possible. Also very easy to use. Ok, normally this is an eq effect, but maybe it's possible also for filters? At least it would be very nice, if a L-R mode is available in the layer eq.

I think my suggestions wouldn't even take a lot of implementation effort. Thanks for considering it :)

Best regards

Why not try answering some of the support requests here for a start? Great synth but possibly the worst support site I have ever seen.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Why not try answering some of the support requests here for a start? Great synth but possibly the worst support site I have ever seen.
Yes. At the contrary of almost all the developers having relations with their users here at KVR... almost all the support requests for Synthmaster are totally ignored and the developer reply "send your request to our address". Even when the request is obviously something which is not individual but common for many people when it's not for everybody.

In fact, treat the things by this way (route the complainer) to a private request is the best method to avoid the people talk together about the bugs. And it is also the worse method to assess the gravity of a bug since each request is treated in private instead of in collective way.

So I agree with you: one of the worst supports I have ever seen in my life.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Why not try answering some of the support requests here for a start? Great synth but possibly the worst support site I have ever seen.
Yes. At the contrary of almost all the developers having relations with their users here at KVR... almost all the support requests for Synthmaster are totally ignored and the developer reply "send your request to our address". Even when the request is obviously something which is not individual but common for many people when it's not for everybody.

In fact, treat the things by this way (route the complainer) to a private request is the best method to avoid the people talk together about the bugs. And it is also the worse method to assess the gravity of a bug since each request is treated in private instead of in collective way.

So I agree with you: one of the worst supports I have ever seen in my life.
So the question is , Why bother having this site here at all ? Seems totally pointless.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

They do seem to respond to people posting on their Facebook wall...o_O
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Hi folks,

Ok you are right. Actually i look at here everyday and get my notes... i think you want me to show myself here. Ok sorry and please know i'm here.

Thank you all for your interest, and be sure we are working for your requests.

A less cumbersome flow to input audio :hyper:
dnacountry

A possibility to copy Matrix settings from one Layer to another, if at all possible.

There are quite a few (mostly PAD) factory patches that have Layer 2 bypassed. When it is unmuted, it sounds continuously, as if unaffected by any settings in Filter and Env sections. Actually, as I have found out, it is unaffected indeed, unless appropriate settings are specified in Matrix. This is a bit counter-intuitive to me, although I'm not a "hardcore" enough user. Anyway, it would be quite handy sometimes to be able to bulk-copy all Matrix settings for Layer 1 and drop them for Layer 2 with a couple of clicks.

I updated to 2.6.21 and the preset search function disappeared...any way to get that back? also the listbox autoscroll option in the config file no longer works...I don't mind if it defaults to off but that functionality disappeared completely.
Last edited by SoundGoddess on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ good luck ~

I'd be happy to see simple glitch fixes before new features!

- browsing trhough presets sometimes/rarely causes synthmaster to go crazy and play very lound noise! Panic button doesn't help then.

- Search field in preset browser ist glitchy: positioning, very small for text input

- Selection of tags in preset browser sometimes glitchy: previously selected tags might not get deselected (or at least remain highlighted, even though deselected)

- when browsing a large preset list with the arrow keys on the keyboard, browsing past the last (or first) preset currently shown, doesn't flip the view: you have to scroll with the mouse to see the next range of presets, including the currently selected one.

Btw: Browsing wavetables with the keyboard arrow keys would be welcomed.

[Mac OS 10.1, Cubase, Logic, Live]

LK3D wrote:- Search field in preset browser ist glitchy: positioning, very small for text input
The search field got deleted on the windows version :(
LK3D wrote:- when browsing a large preset list with the arrow keys on the keyboard, browsing past the last (or first) preset currently shown, doesn't flip the view: you have to scroll with the mouse to see the next range of presets, including the currently selected one.
Keyboard arrow keys don't work on windows for browsing. The second bug is the listbox autoscroll which used to work but they specifically removed it for some reason.
~ good luck ~

From what I noticed so far note cut-off is quite inconsistent when the voice limit has been reached, that's why I wish for a setting in the settings tab that allows you to pick between different methods of cutting the notes off (for instance the choice between cutting off older notes first or cutting off lower notes first, because higher notes often sound much more obvious when cut off).

This will especially be of help for bell-like sounds that have long release and are triggered rapidly :D

EDIT: Something else if that isn't a feature already: a re-trigger box for the ADSR envelopes, to specify whether you want the same note to be re-triggered (so cut off) if it has rapid successions or you want it to play on normally.

EDIT: Another thing that would be really cool would be the ability to draw your own waves in the wave display, a good example of this is in this synth from AM: http://www.vstcafe.com/2010/03/angular- ... ehand.html

Not sure if something like that is do-able with the way synthmaster is built up, but it would awesome to have :D

Return to “KV331 Audio”