Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

after long time break i just saw/realized :
what a wonderful to have independent play stop in vst !
Thanks!

Please can you add a zoom function and scroll bars in phrase editor Windows. :wink:
By the way, is it possible to mute the notes ?
Thank you for your support.

Ghislain2b wrote:Please can you add a zoom function and scroll bars in phrase editor Windows. :wink:
+1
This is exactly what I call "a fresh eye" :hihi:
I have been thinking about this obvious feature many times, but never tried for some reason to ask for it
:dog:

Ghislain2b wrote:Please can you add a zoom function and scroll bars in phrase editor Windows. :wink:
By the way, is it possible to mute the notes ?
Thank you for your support.
On the Phrase Editor page there is an option to set size. It is limited in adjustment but not sure that it is needed to go beyond available settings:
RC View Options.jpg
If memory serves, a future update will have the ability to mute selected notes. I thought this was already in but cannot seem to find how. I know it has been discussed.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Good reminder, dear Dennis, but imagine that you have a phrase with e.g. 64 (or 128 - why not ?!) bars.
If I remember correctly, some of Yildirim's nice long chords presets are even more huge ;)
In such cases it's definitely not very easy to edit them without scrolling & zooming.

Oh yes, I agree, and did not mean to negate the request.

It was just as you say, a reminder, or an advert, in case the feature was not known to the user.

Since, for sake of simplicity, I tend to keep my phrases small, for management purposes, it did not, honestly, occur to me another would be working with that number of bars per phrase. I tend to lose my place when working with large phrases so I mostly max out at 4 to 8 bars per phrase.

Or do you mean beats or notes instead of bars?

I can easily see 128 bars in a song, actually many more. I think I would have a real difficult time though managing and editing a 128 bar phrase.

I'm sure though Attila will consider the request. It is a good one if it helps work flow.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

On my last composition, I recorded the melody in a single take. :wink:
Unfortunately, it's impossible to edit this track in the editor. :(
From_The_Earth_Lead.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good point! The phrase editor will need an overhaul.
It was not designed for editing very long phrases though.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Dear Attila,

RapidComposer is a great tool to manage harmony and the phrases ! :D
However, music also includes a melody and it works on the horizontal level. :wink:

Thank you for your understanding. :tu:

musicdevelopments; Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 am Re: Feature requests
This is an excellent idea! Congratulations, tonedef! :tu:

If this phrase container is long, you can specify how the required number of phrases are laid out (e.g. if you need 2 phrases: ABABAB... or ABBAABBA.. or randomly) each phrase count will have a few patterns.

If you use multiple phrase generators, they could use the same rhythm.

And in the end you can break up this container to be able to edit individual phrases.

Very interesting!
Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
----------------------------------------------------------------
Attila, this is still a very useful, creative idea for using randomly selected phrases !!!

Please don't forget it ..

- atonal

Yes, this is not forgotten! I planned to implement this for version 3.0 where the 'idea tool' will be part of the main composition page. If there is demand for it, it can be added sooner... :wink:

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila!
When will the 2.8.5 beta for Mac?
Thank you! lulukom

Dear Attila,

Is it possible to add a drag and drop function to save a phrase from the composition window to the phrase browser with an auto increment if it exist a same phrase name in the destination folder ?

Can you add in the Phrase editor an option to control the ending time of recording when no note is played ? (Ie : Never, 3 seconds...)

Thanks. :wink:

Another suggestion :
In the phrase editor, when you put the mouse on the left of a selected note, you can move his starting point.
On the right you control duration.
Please, can you add a control in the middle to increment or decrement the velocity when you move up or down the mouse pointer ?

Hi lulukom! I wanted to upload the Mac version today together with the PC version for v2.8b8, but I am having serious software build issues on OS X. I hope I can solve it soon, and upload the Mac version tomorrow (on Tuesday).

So v2.8b8 is uploaded for Windows (at the moment) with new instrument browser and chord progression browser.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”