Air Hybrid 3? Opinions, comparable with?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

cause of the recent black friday news it will be pretty cheap and i got interested but it seems there is NO demo? this sucks...... but with which synth would you compare it and what do you think about Air Hybrid 3? just another vst?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Another great review here:
http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/exc ... h-hybrid-3

"If you’re a dance producer, composer, or DJ, you’ll likely be extremely interested in AIR Music Tech's Hybrid 3. It’s a synth that can fill many different roles as G. W. Childs discovers"
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

how is it compared to sylenth1? one of my beloved synth cause it has such a powerful great saw sound and others. i appreciated your post but no demo = no instant buy so i check feedbacks, comparisons etc.

what does this synth do more/better than sylenth1? or others?

i also have zebra2 which might be also comparable?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It sounds very much to me like it's in the sylenth/dune camp. It's a modern synth with some flexibility in the sequencer. It doesn't sound "amazing" to me, but then, very little does. It comes with a lot of presets. If I were in the market for such a synth, I'd wait for hive.

Caine123 wrote:with which synth would you compare it
I'd say Omnisphere and Alchemy.

KTlin wrote:
There isn't a single velocity layered sample in sight, I'm not sure how you're comparing it to omnisphere. For that matter, it's also not additive, nor does it have any ability to load samples or perform resynthsis, how exactly is it comparable to alchemy?

It is a straightforward modern VA with two "layers" and a flexible sequencer/arp/gate. Each layer has three VA/Wavetable oscillators. There's no burning piano or glorious guitars in there anywhere.

ghettosynth wrote: There isn't a single velocity layered sample in sight, I'm not sure how you're comparing it to omnisphere. For that matter, it's also not additive, nor does it have any ability to load samples or perform resynthsis, how exactly is it comparable to alchemy?
Yes, my bad. I don't use Hybrid3, but I was under the impression that it also uses samples besides VA and Wavetables oscilators.

It reminds me of Z3TA+ 2 for some reason. It is pretty nice!

It's ok, but if I could turn back time I would not buy it again. I just really don't have any use for it. It doesn't offer anything new to me.

Hybrid 3 is great for EDM leads, pads and plucks. It has a really nice FX and arp/seq section and comes with a load of excellent presets. Highly recommended at $49.

ghettosynth wrote:
KTlin wrote:
There isn't a single velocity layered sample in sight, I'm not sure how you're comparing it to omnisphere. For that matter, it's also not additive, nor does it have any ability to load samples or perform resynthsis, how exactly is it comparable to alchemy?

It is a straightforward modern VA with two "layers" and a flexible sequencer/arp/gate. Each layer has three VA/Wavetable oscillators. There's no burning piano or glorious guitars in there anywhere.

I'd spend my money on Zebra2, given a choice. The only AIR instrument worth bothering with is Vacuum, IMO.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

db3 wrote:Hybrid 3 is great for EDM leads, pads and plucks. It has a really nice FX and arp/seq section and comes with a load of excellent presets. Highly recommended at $49.
+1

Where is it $49? That's a great deal.
I thought I'd post a pad preset I made with it recently. No external effects were added, just Hybrid3 playing.

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/epic-pad

8)

Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

re_mute wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
KTlin wrote:

I'd spend my money on Zebra2, given a choice. The only AIR instrument worth bothering with is Vacuum, IMO.
i got zebra2, ok seems i need to learn more zebra2 :D.

Return to “Instruments”