[Experimental Ambient IDM] It's All In My Head - Jazzyspoon

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just thought I would post this very KVRish electronic track I made this year for an album release.
https://soundcloud.com/inspaceandtimere ... in-my-head

Here's the youtube video for it. Kind of a lo-fi, but effective head trip for the track.
http://youtu.be/XDgG-BINR0E

Thanks for listening and, if possible, leaving your thoughts.

I like this track a lot. I think you manage to make this a coherent piece and maintain interest despite the atmospheric nature of the music. I especially like your use of varying delays and the long slow build up in the second half of the piece. Well done.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Sounds great man! I love how the noise bed builds tension through out. Fantastic work, as always. :party:

Sounds are very nicely placed in frequency range. Great atmosphere, many sounds brings high density which I like. So good.
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

Always a treat to get some Jazzyspoon in my ears. This is gorgeous Jason, serene but still vivid, and the build is just wow, as Justin points out. Really enjoyed the rhythm track as well. :tu:
Image Image

Always good to hear from my favorite KVR peeps. This track was a closer for the album, but I seriously debated making it an 'arthouse' opener. I made it with Absynth, Elektron A4, Reaktor, Battery, my own voice, and a boatload of effects. The result was simple enough, but it shows some progression enough to be considered a complete thought for me.
Thanks for the love, guys. When I get home, I'll peruse the cafe and try to return the favor. :)

On a side note, a friend of mine from Seattle recently remixed this track. I thought he did a great, creative job considering this track is mostly grid-less.
https://soundcloud.com/ig88/jazzyspoon- ... ig88-remix

I really liked the build on here, the sound became enveloping towards the end. I liked the "pulsing" bass, seemingly at odds with the rhythm. I should play this again, but louder.

Good work :)

Thanks, seismic1. It might be a flaw that an ambient track asks to be played louder, but I accept it as a compliment. :)

Jazzyspoon wrote:Thanks, seismic1. It might be a flaw that an ambient track asks to be played louder, but I accept it as a compliment. :)
I never really bought into that ambient/background/activity accompaniment thing anyway. There are lots of "ambient" pieces that benefit from higher listening levels, and should actually be actively listened to anyway, or so I think :)

SC playing silly buggers - again :(

Did me a favour actually, because I very much enjoyed the relationship between the music and the vid. :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Enjoyed both of them. :tu:

Very well done.

Thanks, guys! Glad to have a few of my old friends listen in. Much love from a mile above. :)P

Good stuff, Jazzyspoon.
Delighted you shared; chilling on a Saturday eve :)
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Music Cafe”