Tips for learning to mix and master my own music! Help please!!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well hey guys, if you don't mind listening to my latest project (unfinished even in the arrangement part of it) and giving me some feedback. I introduced some different panning techniques that were described and see a much greater result in the overall sound.

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/william-naber/progress

I like the vibe of that track... Drums are getting lost tho'. The synth is masking it...

You need (imo) to beef up those drums - maybe through a bit of layering and some saturation. The synth could be turned down as well, and maybe get some of the low end out (EQ) so it's not fighting with the kick and snare so much.

The 'ping' that comes in is a good idea. But it sounds way too dry, and slightly out of time. I'd add a delay and some chorus as it sound very static.

Good overall feel to it tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Awesome, thanks!

If you're just getting into it, then just concentrate on using the tools you currently have to manifest the original ideas in your head. That's art. All the other stuff can come later.

Return to “Production Techniques”