MUX Modular VST 6.1.29 release

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New MUX Modular 6.1.26 test packages are available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/forsythia/

This is the new version of the MUX Modular plug-in. Compared to MUX 5.5.2, these are the highlights:
  • New MuSampla version 2.
  • Improved MuDrum.
  • MultiSampla now has 4 stereo outputs so you can route specific zones to a separate output.
  • MultiSampla now also has a Pitch Bend Range control.
  • New Multiform Oscillator. Detailed info on http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/multiformosc.html
  • Modular Feedback Delay now has a "Invert Feedback" switch.
  • Rack slots and module buttons now include a process on/off switch.
  • Multi-sample editor: Zone editor now integrated as a docked sub-editor.
  • All embedded sample displays (e.g. in MuSampla and in the multi-sample zones) are fully functional now.
  • VST plug-ins: Enhanced denormalizations guard.
  • Optimized sample memory management.
  • Note Modifier: Velocity parameter can be set to 12700% so to practically max out all velocities.
  • All sounds using the internal oscillator might sound a little bit better by fixing a specific rounding error.
  • REX file loader: Improved protection against exceptional/wrong REX files.
  • New preference "Middle C Index" allows you to set the middle C to C3 or C4 or C5. Default is C4.
  • Fixed a couple of issues with the Parameter Event Generator module.
  • Audio Files and Samples: New context functions "Add Recurring Markers" and "Delete Selected Markers".
  • Improved sound quality when importing arbitrary sized waveforms.
  • Improved curve editing: Curve edit fields (e.g. in the Audio Balancers) now support direct editing i.e. (alt+) drag up/down to change the curve without having to open the curve editor. Opening the curve editor is done via double-click. Plus other detailed improvements wrt curve editing.
  • Improved and extended browser functionality.
  • Added support for saving/reloading the sample markers near the source sample file.
  • Many more preferences so to tune MUX Modular to your flavor.
  • Improved look and feel.
  • Improved factory library.
  • Many more improvements which all together make a big difference, cfr the MUX Modular relevant items on this change-log: http://www.mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html and http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=425533
Please note that this is a test version.
You can use this temporary test user key:

[MUX6UL#o3eamzt5x7w+FkmB1T2Iz5OyZqegaLmdw-Ij11K1kB-3wOs4tx6VNV9w9GSFM6GC3QrmRGQ-6XnPuA-whZ8qVh4ATAX80gfd]

Curious for your feedback on using MUX Modular 6.1 in your favorite host(s) !

when i scanned my vst folder in mulab it said it couldnt find main vst function in LibresampleDLL and also couldnt create vst instance for Libresample as well as this couldnt find main vst function in rex shared library DLL couldnt create vst instance for REX shared library it says that they are disabled

Yes that are normal messages as these DLLs are scanned, as they are DLLs and thus possibly VSTs, but MuLab can't find the typical VST functions in these DLLs and says so in these log messages. Conclusion is that these DLLs are not VST DLLs, which is correct.

thank you very much for your answer

You're welcome. I've also added that info to the docs: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html

Oh -> FR: don't pop up a message, just say "Not a VST" in the VST list. The user will know then that MuLab/MuX think it's not a VST and, if they don't agree, can raise it. If they do agree, they've had no dire warnings to worry them.

pljones wrote:Oh -> FR: don't pop up a message, just say "Not a VST" in the VST list. The user will know then that MuLab/MuX think it's not a VST and, if they don't agree, can raise it. If they do agree, they've had no dire warnings to worry them.
Yes. A popup would constraint uselessly the user to make a click for each wrong dll. Loss of time... but also an avoidable irritation.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

It's not mentioned in an interrupting popup, it's just added as a line in the scan log file.

mutools wrote:It's not mentioned in an interrupting popup, it's just added as a line in the scan log file.
Ah ok
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Just bought the new Mux and tried it in EnergyXT on my Win7 64 bit.

I loaded up the Basic Synth and replaced the normal oscillator
with the new MFO and everything I tried with it worked fine :)

The only thing I noticed is when I wanted to resize the front panel.

There was a hand but it didn't work.
I had to right click and choose - Editor resize - which worked fine.

Is the normal for EnergyXT ?
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Looks nice, cool to see MUX6. My problem, forgive me, if I mentioned this before, is that it gives me a short loud noise spikes out of the blue. It seems to be related with loading certain VSTs into it, Rhino2 has that effect (in MUX VST only, in Mulab and directly in Sonar, it's fine), even if I don't connect any 'wires' to it and the whole setup does nothing, every 20 seconds or so, an earsplitting noise occurs. MUX5 behaves the same way, however there is no problem with MUX 1.2. Any obvious tips or clues to fix it?

So far so good on Win 7, Reaper 64 bit.

Although I've really only been using the amazing new oscillator! I will try and test out other features so I can give more constructive feedback than "this is awesome". But it is.

sbj wrote:The only thing I noticed is when I wanted to resize the front panel. There was a hand but it didn't work. I had to right click and choose - Editor resize - which worked fine. Is the normal for EnergyXT ?
That's currently the way to resize the front panel indeed, in all hosts. I'll try to remove the pointing hand as that's confusing. Maybe later a 'live' resize will be implemented.

Zombie Queen wrote:Looks nice, cool to see MUX6. My problem, forgive me, if I mentioned this before, is that it gives me a short loud noise spikes out of the blue. It seems to be related with loading certain VSTs into it, Rhino2 has that effect (in MUX VST only, in Mulab and directly in Sonar, it's fine), even if I don't connect any 'wires' to it and the whole setup does nothing, every 20 seconds or so, an earsplitting noise occurs. MUX5 behaves the same way, however there is no problem with MUX 1.2. Any obvious tips or clues to fix it?
Are you talking about the demo noise? That's a soft noise that softly fades in and out for about a second or 2, now and then. Is that what you're hearing? If not, then what version are you using: MUX Modular Demo or the full version MUX Modular?

One of the leading features in MUX is the front panel. Why has the new update no new features for it (bigger knobs, faders, text-boxes)? The only interesting new feature for me is the "Use On/Off Button". It would be nice if the On/Off switch can be adjustable by Midi (by one of the 32 midi parameters).

Return to “MUTOOLS”