Boz Digital Labs upcoming "+10db Bundle" release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sidrat wrote:
Omkar wrote:Frankly I have never been in contact with a compex, I even didn`t know it exists.
Can anyone give some hints on this unit ?
Listen to When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. Nuff said? :wink:
Aha Mr. Watson, I combine:

- the album is dated 1971, so the comp must have been on focus there
- a very special sound or a special sound signature can be heard on the drums in the first place
(as far as youtube makes this possible)
so it must have been a well known unit at least on the drums in the 1970`s

we are getting closer
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

oops double
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

lacandon wrote:
sidrat wrote:Someone finally did a Compex! :)
Sknote have it in doings too !
Any further info? I looked at their forum here and haven't seen anything on it.

meloco_go wrote:
lacandon wrote:
sidrat wrote:Someone finally did a Compex! :)
Sknote have it in doings too !
Any further info? I looked at their forum here and haven't seen anything on it.
They have first to fix the updates and user areas and the bang amazing stuff will come up!

I bought this.

Recent pricing controversies aside, this is a tremendous plugin. The compressor does things none of my other plugin comps do. It's awesome on the drum bus.

The EQ is great too - beautiful on low end.

Not the easiest to dial in - and for this reason I've not had such great success with it on the mix buss yet.

2 plugins well featured (comp=limiter-expander-gate + EQ), best-in-class quality plugs for $99? Yes please. :clap:

I was a bit short on the money with all the stuff out recently, so I only bought compressor/expander module (for $69 only!) and all I an say it's unique!
When I tried the demo I tried to get a similar sound from my other compressor plugins, but I couldn't. It is somehow both smooth and grabby! The threshold is very sensitive and you must be very careful with the level going into it.
The release is interesting, when put on snare it brings out the ring in a very particular way, so this thing is great on parallel. In fact I rarely felt there was any use of parallel compression with my other plugins, but this one really makes sense.

very powerful plugin instant bite in the chest!Also i admire the decision to model the Compex ,tools we don't have!

Old thread I know, but just checking this out.

Really like the compressor, except for one thing: I oesn't have anywhere near enough makeup gain to compensate for seriously smashed compression. Odd decision, since major squash with it sounds great.

I hope there will be an update with a Gain Range switch, to both preserve compatibility with existing mixes, and make greater gain available for situations where it's needed.

Return to “Effects”