How many compressors is enough?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Need some help here. With the Black Friday sales pouring in, my GAS is getting difficult to control. I have my eye on Molecular and Bias Desktop, but had been thinking about getting Presswerk (between the $25 coupon and the intro price it is very tempting). However, I already have the following compressors:

Waves - SSL GMaster, API 2500, VComp, AudioTrack, C1, C4, HComp, Kramer PIE
Klanghelm DC8C
FabFilter Pro-C
TB Compressor (ToneBoosters)
TRacks
Solid Bus Compressor (Native Instruments)
Nebula
Alloy 2

I need some confirmation, please, that this list of compressors would be enough to select from to perform any type of task (whether transparent or with coloration). In other words, will Presswerk give me something that I don't already have? I assume that if I can't use one of the above to get a good result the problem isn't with my tools, but with the operator.

If I pass on Presswerk it would help me take advantage of the Black Friday sales on Molecular and Bias, but need the strength to do it :).

Thanks in advance!!

Demo them all if you cant live without buy them. Best compressors I've ever used are the Slate VMR ones but I like Presswork too.

How many compressors is enough?
"Just one more."
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

:hihi: but seriously, I'm sorta broke and all the black Friday sales don't look amazing anyway, probably partially because I'm broke

Buy Cytomic The Glue (cheap) and download TDR Feedback Compressor (free) and don't need others... ;-)

PS: Here (Italy) doesn't exist the black friday but i (learned to) hate the same... All companies became so morbid!

Turello wrote:PS: Here (Italy) doesn't exist the black friday but i (learned to) hate the same... All companies became so morbid!
Time for...

VENERDÌ NERO! :P

@Tricky: infatti porta sfortuna!!! :-O

Turello wrote:@Tricky: infatti porta sfortuna!!! :-O
Impossible, stasera la luna ci porterà fortuna... :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBsT6Cj-aew

But to the question: Presswerk seems to be a nice addition but I wouldn't buy too many compressors, otherwise you will be compressing too much! :o

Tricky, tu dell'italia conosci solo le cose brutte (music included)! ahahahahahah

dc8c and tdr feedback compressor, if you want more control/color add sdrr on top
Last edited by Synthetic Wav on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Turello wrote:Tricky, tu dell'italia conosci solo le cose brutte (music included)! ahahahahahah
Sorry, next time I post the moderner version by Paps'n Skar "Stasera La Luna" which is made with more compressors... :P

[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Eleventy three
Amazon: why not use an alternative

One

Just buy DMG Audio Compassion and you'll be done.

Compassion is great for almost all of your Dynamics needs.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”