FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

tony tony chopper wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: Not sure why a tempo track is necessary for that... tempo is already automatable as a parameter in FL.
(normal) automated tempo means:
-unpredictability (you can map it to a peak controller, an irreversible formula, etc)
-tempo being drawn in the playlist itself (you can imagine the problem or drawing an envelope on that same timeline that the envelope itself deforms, no?)
I will beg

EvilDragon wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:is something totally impossible to happen for FL?
it's technically possible if I add a tempo track (something that's only needed for this), but I don't see the point. We're talking about making a little easier something that only a little niche needs.
Not sure why a tempo track is necessary for that... tempo is already automatable as a parameter in FL. So basically the play cursor CAN already change its speed in the playlist already... just being governed by the tempo automation.

This "linear grid" mode would just additionally scale the speed of the play cursor, according to the time signature of the pattern's time signature.

Oh wait, yeah, I think I see where the lockup could end up being. Having patterns stacked vertically with different time signatures at once (that's cool from polyrhythmic standpoint, too!). Yeah, tempo track does seem a necessity for this, after all - in that case it would dictate both the tempo AND time signature of the whole project, and individual pattern time signature settings would need to be disregarded. Oh well! I know quite a few people using FL that could get a lot mileage out of such feature (one Blake Robinson of Synthetic Orchestra, for example).

And it wouldn't be "a little easier". It would be HEAPS easier, as paterpeter says. There would be no need for "mental bridging" - 1 of the pattern would align with 1 of the playlist/timeline. That does make sense indeed.

Thanks a billion for this help and information. I know more than a few musicians who would use the shit out of this. :hug:

Another important thing to be aware of is that The metronome needs to follow the click of the time signature being used. I'm not sure if the template would fix that at the same time because I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to the software aspect.

In case of tempo track being added, it would be easy to make the metronome follow the time signatures on the tempo track. Everything would come together!

Good gravy! My dreams would come true. Can we please get this? Even just an option to load the Templete.

EvilDragon wrote:In case of tempo track being added, it would be easy to make the metronome follow the time signatures on the tempo track. Everything would come together!
Does a real metronome make a higher-pitched tick on "bars"? If not, does that mean that a real metronome can't help with 3/4 music?
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote: Does a real metronome make a higher-pitched tick on "bars"?
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJhgPV0eWCU

I don't know if this has been thrown out there before, but I would like to see chord inversions in the chord list, just to make it easy to experiment with new progressions (and to the guy that said this feature is for musically illiterate people, thanks)

So what about that color changing option for the borders and backgrounds? EH? EH?

paterpeter wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote: Does a real metronome make a higher-pitched tick on "bars"?
Yes
ok so you can't do 3/4 music with this:
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

EvilDragon wrote:
elassi wrote:Conflicts with the fact that there are some really nice sounds (presets) made by Gol.
Making sounds is not the same thing as being musically literate (which means - knowing how to read notation, knowing what a time sig is and why is it used for, etc.). Being able to make sounds is being "synthesis literate", let's say. ;)
People who write notation are just writing instructions, in a certain language, for other musicians; and those that read it are the mindless drones.. eh I mean the other musicians. :D
Do you read all forms of musical "notation"? (check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_musical_notation ... just one example)
If not, then maybe you, and probably everyone else, is "musically illiterate" :P Or maybe, everyone that can read a musical instruction, in whatever language, by whoever, is musically literate... :wink:

tony tony chopper wrote:ok so you can't do 3/4 music with this:
Yes, you can. There are types of mechanical metronomes which do offer several time signature switches. :)

tony tony chopper wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
Yes
ok so you can't do 3/4 music with this:
Of course you can.

Your argumentation is completely backwards. You're trying to disprove something that has never been said. It has been stated several times now that the idea of having proper support for multiple time signatures is to support the musician/producer, not to allow something that isn't possible without. Sure, non-4/4 can be done without it, but having it would remove an otherwise unnecessary need for mental bridging. You are either unable or unwilling to understand that. Maybe you don't need it, but accept that other musicians find it helpful.

Okay i get it, little things can drive you crazy.. ..but you guys should take care not to end like this one day. :clown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OzSdITLJg
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I bought Drumaxx and i love the GUI design,the quality of its sound and the step sequencer but the drums suck to the core.they are synthetic theres nothing of realistic drum percussion i got and you can't buy a Drummax soundbank from IL.you are stuck with 900 synth drums.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:I bought Drumaxx and i love the GUI design,the quality of its sound and the step sequencer but the drums suck to the core.they are synthetic theres nothing of realistic drum percussion i got and you can't buy a Drummax soundbank from IL.you are stuck with 900 synth drums.
so whats your point?
you couldnt read/listen/demo?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”