RECORDING via VST plugins...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am exploring alternative recording workflows other than what my host application provides. Are there existing plugins in VST form or whatever that help users record in a different way other than how the host application does it?

Sorry for being vague. I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for, but I'm curious about using the VST interface for recording audio data ( not midi at this time, although that may come later ).

Any plugins do something like this? Please advise :D
cpu

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Nice... any more? I'm taking a census of as many available recording plugins as possible :D

cpu

Voxengo Recorder is somewhat older school. Same basic functionality really.

Geist, LiveSlice, Tx16W2...
All are samplers (which actually sample).

Imageline Edison is the best one for me.

Thank you for list of plugins... it was very helpful :D

cpu

These are cool! As someone who started recording in the analog tape daze I'm always baffled that an "always record anything as audio" feature isn't standard in every DAW. It's very simple to do this in Reaper and AudioMulch without any plugins or extra busses. I've figured out how to do it in Reason, Logic, and Tracktion with a few extra steps. Bouncing / freezing is NOT the same.

Which DAW are you using?

Look also at Voxengo, Homegrown Sounds and Silverspike... All Free! ;-)

I'm using FL Studio right now, but I'm specifically interested in cross platform solutions, hence VSTs.

cpu

aMUSEd wrote:Imageline Edison is the best one for me.
Same here!
And the VST version works in other DAWs.

cpu.running.hot wrote:I'm using FL Studio right now, but I'm specifically interested in cross platform solutions, hence VSTs.

cpu
Doesn't that have Edison built in?

cpu.running.hot wrote:I'm using FL Studio right now, but I'm specifically interested in cross platform solutions, hence VSTs.
For Mac and PC? Because VST doesn't mean that it works on both.

PC. Indeed, VST's need to be created separately for PC and Mac.

Yes, FL Studio has Edison, which is great. It's hard to explain right now, but as the initial post says, I'm previewing the different methods of recording. I'm not looking for anything specific, rather, I'm taking an informal census.

cpu

From everything I've seen and/or tried out, Edison comes closest to a Soundforge/Wavelab (or maybe just Audacity :oops: ) in plugin form. :wink:

Return to “Effects”