Sigmund or Molekular ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I don't wana miss the offers, thinking of getting one of those. what do you think?
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

sigmund shows up second hand often
molekular doesn't

sigmund is a marmite delay
molekular can be whatever you like
if you give it time

dave

Sigmund is so underrated. Sounds phenomenal.

I love the sound of sigmund, but it really depends on what your after. Do you want a delay with some good modulation and distortion options with good sound, or do you want a huge multi-effects type package, with its own huge set of modulation abilities?

Personally Im tempted on molekular since it looks like one of those products that is never destined to end up in the standard komplete, but even at 75$ Im still trying to get a good demo out of it to see if I need it with turnado and its ilk on board already.

I just demoed Molekular, and it's definitely unique! The CPU Usage on it is pretty high and it's more aimed at experimental sound design. I demoed sigmund a while back and I found it was much more intuitive and straight forward, and the filters sound better than what Molekular has. Also the sigmund delays can be automated and still sound very clean even at extreme settings..
:borg:

16 Molekular videos in this playlist. There are several very capable delay modules inside Molekular plus all the other stuff, the modulation system is vast, it's a huge machine. I don't know Sigmund, so I can't comment on that one.

ezelkow1 wrote:Personally Im tempted on molekular since it looks like one of those products that is never destined to end up in the standard komplete, but even at 75$ Im still trying to get a good demo out of it to see if I need it with turnado and its ilk on board already.
Yea, thats something to think of too.
www.solostuff.net

Molekular suprised me in ways I didn't know I could be suprised. I find it tricky to work into mixes, due to latency and other issues, but for sample churning it's unparalelled.

Sigmund is in comparison a simple delay, but it sounds very very good, and has that 80's chunky hifi equipment vibe with the GUI.

Personally I'd choose Molekular because there are lots of delays around, but not lots of Molekulars.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

well having demo'd it more and listened to more of the examples I would really say it depends on what you already have. If you do have turnado, IMHO, its a pass. Most of the sounds Im getting out of it and hear in the demos are fairly easy to get something similar out of turnado. However if you dont have turnado or something similar I would go for it. Like sendy said there are tons of delays out there, and while I love the sound of sigmund, unless you really really like it and need/want another delay, a wacky multi-effects unit is going to give you alot more for your money

Molekular is freaking amazing and a far mor flexible environment for processing audio than sigmund. It does induce a variable latency depending on the modules you use which makes it tricky for many hosts to compensate automatically. Thankfully voxengo latency Delay is up to date and works like a champ. Basically if you don't need to use the crazier modules in real time there is no contest between the two. If you want a flexible delay than sigmund will cover that, but Molekular is one of the most flexible and fun to use processors in the world.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Yea I have Tornado,

Although I'm getting some wild stuff from Molekular but it's eating a chunk of CPU.
www.solostuff.net

Molekular was used heavily in this track i made.
https://soundcloud.com/voratix/shocktothesystem
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Sigmund just got updated. I think they managed to reduce CPU usage. Very cool fx, but the interface is a little bit convoluted, unfortunately. Maybe they could add a 'simple' mode.

I would definitely go with Molekular, much more versatile in my opinion.

When I tried Sigmund it took me about 10 minutes to just find the feedback knob, considering it's one of the most important parameters on a delay you'd think they would have made it one of the bigger knobs. :lol:

I would definitely go Molekular. It can give you standard delays but it also allows you to totally transform your sound. It offers endless possibilites. One of the best effect plugins I own.

Return to “Effects”