Soundtoys Black Friday : which plug is a must have ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:It's not letting me pay using Paypal - every time I try it throws up an error!
I bought them from JRRShop (lowest on Echoboy and Decapitator) with paypal and
it worked perfectly for me.

They don't seem to sell Phase Mistress though for some reason.

aMUSEd wrote:They don't seem to sell Phase Mistress though for some reason.
Don't worry Audiodeluxe is selling it for $73.99 if you're interested ! :)

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/soundto ... ess-native

Plugindiscounts don't sell it too. Strange thing...

OK went with Audiodeluxe - I guess it might take a bit longer to process than buying direct from SoundToys but never mind - thanks

aMUSEd wrote:OK went with Audiodeluxe - I guess it might take a bit longer to process than buying direct from SoundToys but never mind - thanks
Yes it's longer because in the end it's up to Soundtoys to deliver the Ilok redeem code to the customer, but AD is cheaper too... :wink:

I want to be clear if I understood their promotional email I got correctly:

According to the website landing page, you get a free update to version 5 of that plug-in when it's released (which is kinda, meh, whatever).

But according to the email, it says ".Every Soundtoys Native Effects purchase comes with a free upgrade to Soundtoys 5...When we release Soundtoys 5 you'll get 4 more plug-ins - Radiator, MicroShift, Devil-Loc, and the new PrimalTap...and you'll get the beautiful and powerful new Effect Rack...".

What's the deal here?

bduffy wrote:I want to be clear if I understood their promotional email I got correctly:

According to the website landing page, you get a free update to version 5 of that plug-in when it's released (which is kinda, meh, whatever).

But according to the email, it says ".Every Soundtoys Native Effects purchase comes with a free upgrade to Soundtoys 5...When we release Soundtoys 5 you'll get 4 more plug-ins - Radiator, MicroShift, Devil-Loc, and the new PrimalTap...and you'll get the beautiful and powerful new Effect Rack...".

What's the deal here?
Soundtoys V4 is the bundle. If you buy the V4 bundle now you get V5 bundle that will include the 4 extra plugins and the new rack.

if you buy a single plugin now then you get that updated v5 plugin that will work with the new rack + the rack.

plugindiscounts.com has the best price right now on single v4 plugins and the v4 bundle.

I bought the v4 bundle last night and registered and played with it. Echoboy is really great and as a single plugin that would be the must have one.

V4 plugin single plugins or the bundle require a iLok dongle. when V5 plugins are released the v5 plugins and v5 bundle will require the iLok dongle OR you can use the iLok PACE computer lock - either way you will have to have iLok PACE to use these plugins.

bduffy wrote:I want to be clear if I understood their promotional email I got correctly:

What's the deal here?
Pretty confusing yeah...it seems that if you buy the native bundle now you'll get the upgrade for free and as the v5 bundle will include these three "new" plugs one will get them free with the upgrade.

Not confusing at all.

Buy now EchoBoy v4, get EchoBox v5 and the Rack for free
>>> that goes for each single plugin
>>> if you buy 2 or 3 or more single plugins, that goes for each of them

Buy now Native Pack v4, get the Native Pack v5 and the Rack for free
>>> in this case Native Pack v5 has four (!!) more plugins, that you also get for free

That seems pretty fair and straight forward.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

MachineClaw wrote: plugindiscounts.com has the best price right now on single v4 plugins and the v4 bundle.
The bundle prices:

Audiodeluxe is $349.99, JRRSHop for $341.10, and Plugindiscounts for $341.09.

deft_bonz wrote:Not confusing at all.

Buy now EchoBoy v4, get EchoBox v5 and the Rack for free
>>> that goes for each single plugin
>>> if you buy 2 or 3 or more single plugins, that goes for each of them

Buy now Native Pack v4, get the Native Pack v5 and the Rack for free
>>> in this case Native Pack v5 has four (!!) more plugins, that you also get for free

That seems pretty fair and straight forward.
Yeah, I get it now. I still think the email wording is very unclear. It says "every purchase" (not qualified as single or bundle) "comes with a free upgrade to "Soundtoys 5", which always seems to refer to the full bundle:
Soundtoys Email wrote:BONUS: Every Soundtoys Native Effects purchase comes with a free upgrade to Soundtoys 5. Not only do you get to bathe in the warmth of EchoBoy, Decapitator, and the rest of the Native Effects bundle right now, you'll get even more effects goodness in the future. When we release Soundtoys 5 you'll get 4 more plug-ins - Radiator, MicroShift, Devil-Loc, and the new PrimalTap. And finally, you'll get the beautiful and powerful new Effect Rack to keep them all neat and tidy. (oh, and you CAN still use all the plug-ins individually, just like you're used to).

Also think im gonna get me some Echoboy...and maybe Phase Mistress if I have any money left after tomorrows spending-spree. Cool that Soundtoys is running their deal until monday. Then I have more time to spend more money :party:

I took a big gamble buying this without an ilok. Apparently the version 5 update which is out 5 December will use ilok without the dongle.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Wait so, do current v4 users also get those 4 plugins as well when upgrading to v5? I don't recall reading about it in the v5 announcement but that would definitely make me upgrade.
Last edited by jezjez on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edit: I didn't read the title carefully with this being limited to Sound Toys plugs but happy with the deal I got on NLS nonetheless so leaving this up.

I don't know if it's a must have but I picked up Waves NLS for $79.99 usd. It was hard to pass up for that price and the low cpu please ability to create vca groups is a plus when you consider that some DAWs like Samplitude don't yet have basic VCA groups. Hopefully it's as good as advertised and better than some of the naysayers say.
Last edited by AC222 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”