heads up - Bitwig for $199 at Musician's Friend

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought Bitwig download for $199 from Musician's Friend. I thought it might be a hoax but it was for real!

fyi... I almost feel a little guilty.

My pleasure. No need to feel guilty.

I can't keep track of all of these.....do they do international DD? GC is a no go if you are out of the US. (same company basically)

I don't know. Wouldn't a digital download be the same everywhere? confused by your question. Here's the link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/daw-soft ... wg&index=1

Damn that's only £135! That's a very good deal.

It's odd that you can't get it outside the US. After all, they only have to email you a license and all their other software is freely available. I wonder if Bitwig themselves have put a block on it? Oh well, that's life, it's just frustrating to miss out. :)

People outside USA have to pay more money on behalf of US consumers because US citizens are greater human being than those live in other countries. Maybe not.

Tooneba, what's up with all those sarcastic posts of yours today? Having a bad day?

Cheers,
Dom

Just had a reply from GC

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not allow us to ship that item to the UK which is why that message was coming up for you.
"

So it's bitwig themselves blocking us apparently.

Hmm....

andersenuk wrote:Just had a reply from GC

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not allow us to ship that item to the UK which is why that message was coming up for you.
"

So it's bitwig themselves blocking us apparently.

Hmm....
It doesn't even make any sense, as they don't need to "ship" it anywhere. All you need is a registration code, and you can download Bitwig from the site.

I don't get how these promotions work - if they can offer it so cheap then why can't you skip the middle man and get the same price from Bitwig direct?

dom@bitwig wrote:sarcastic posts
I just tried not to express in a manner of complaining or begging something.

@tooneba - Most American people feel no more entitled than you are feeling now. Perhaps you explain in a way that may makes sense to you but it is very insulting to think Americans are standing in the way of you getting a better price on the software.

This has everything to do with the laws in both USA and European communities and other areas.

It has nothing to do with Bitwig Studios other than they have to obey the laws too. Ask your self why would BWS want to stand in the way of a sale? Nonsense.

US dealers are not permitted to ship software outside the US because of the laws in the US AND the country you live in. Nothing more. They too would just as soon make the sale as not. They cannot because of the laws.

It's not just American laws that stand in the way. It's commerce laws everywhere. Agreements have not been written so that the area you live can get the taxes they feel are due them on sales.

It is all much bigger than the discussion here is permitting. And what I have expresssed is just a drop in the bucket limited by my little knowledge of the subject.

It's governments people. Not the peoples in the EU or US or Canada or any other country people live in. If you want to blame someone blame the politicians, not the common people because they had nothing to do with it.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Interesting points dsan and I generally agree with you. However it seems to be Bitwig (European) who are blocking the sale if you believe the reply I got from the website. It's odd that I can buy plenty of software from that site with no restrictions (Fruity Loops, Mixcraft, MOTU DP etc etc) - it's just Bitwig that is blocked.

I was tempted originally by Bitwig's own offer at $299 but the Euro price which would apply to me is higher converting to $323 so the shine went off that offer lol

Doesn't really matter as there are more important things to worry about, just frustrated that Bitwig seem to be locking me and others out of any 'bargains' both on their site and elsewhere.

I could be wrong, andersenuk, about BWS not being responsible for a sale a US seller has going on; however, I honestly do not believe so. I am completely confident BWS is not responsible for a US seller not being allowed to "ship" software ouitside the US. This is a US law, primarily brought about due to certain circumstances is some unsanctioned countries as well as international commerce laws.

I learned a long time ago not to trust marketing. I believe the answer you received from GC was their easiest method to explain. But I do not believe it is the truth. I can't prove otherwise so I have to accept it.

I suppose BWS could be standing in the way of sales but I suspect that highly doubtful.

Here is another scenario very often overlooked by the consumer; a company will intentionally lose money on a product to suck you in. This happens all the time and people are not aware of it.

They know that by selling a product below market price they will make it up in other ways in the long run. Sometimes the run is not all that long, especially when you consider the prices on musical gear. Over the years, I have spent thousands on gear, and I likely won't stop till I'm dead. Wouldn't then either if I could take the stuff with me :hihi:

We also don't know what deal the seller made with the distributor. There are a whole lot of unkowns in all this to speculate the why's and where for's.

I agree - many more important things to worry about. I understand the frustration people feel. Used to feel frustrated my self but now realize that just shuts you down. So now I just :shrug: and go on my merry way trying to enjoy what little time there is to have :tu:

Happy Muisking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I agree with you dsan, who really knows the motives behind any decisions? I can only go on the few 'facts' as I am told them with no way of really knowing what is happening.

I do know that Bitwig's own offer is skewed against Europeans as I mentioned before but that's their decision and I won't be losing sleep over it.

I would mention, in case I come across as some kind of skinflint looking for bargains, that I have been using Studio One for a few years so I can't really justify buying a second DAW unless it's at a good price which is why I jumped on this $199 offer. Maybe if Bitwig corrected their Euro price.....hint hint lol

Return to “Bitwig”