Soundtoys Black Friday : which plug is a must have ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is so great about echoboy vs. any other delay? People wax poetic about this plug as if it will instantly improve a mix doing nothing. Maybe it is that good but I don't think I'll ever know. I do have an ilok but I am no longer using it because I can't justify having a pecker sticking out of my computer for a single plug.

If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?

jezjez wrote:Wait so, do current v4 users also get those 4 plugins as well when upgrading to v5? I don't recall reading about it in the v5 announcement but that would definitely make me upgrade.

I believe in: If you buy the Native Pack it IS the Native Pack, no matter if you buy it new, or if you upgrade. Please don't prove me wrong :love:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

AC222 wrote:What is so great about echoboy vs. any other delay? People wax poetic about this plug as if it will instantly improve a mix doing nothing. Maybe it is that good but I don't think I'll ever know. I do have an ilok but I am no longer using it because I can't justify having a pecker sticking out of my computer for a single plug.
I'm wondering too.
Maybe it's the combination of rather high prices (but not too high) & super nice GUIs & PPP (Pensado's Place praise).

Personally, I'm fine without them. ;-)

AC222 wrote:What is so great about echoboy vs. any other delay? People wax poetic about this plug as if it will instantly improve a mix doing nothing. Maybe it is that good but I don't think I'll ever know. I do have an ilok but I am no longer using it because I can't justify having a pecker sticking out of my computer for a single plug.
EchoBoy brings so many possibilities soundwise. And all of them sound very very good. And then you start to drive it and you begin to realise that no other delay comes close to it. It never sounds thin or digital.

It won't improve your mix. But the delays always sound good. You simply cannot do anything wrong with it. Just tweak it to your taste.

With v5 you can go for Soft-iLok, if you really can't live with an USB, although I wouldn't recommend the Soft-iLok

PS: And as soon as you start to know the plugin in and out, the real fun and sound starts. After years of using it, I still get new fresh unique delays out of it and it never ceases to amaze me. Can't say that for other delays I have or had, like: Timeless, Bloom, Sigmund, Discord, PSP 42 608 & 84 and MFM2

Sometimes one of those delays feature something that EchoBoy can't do, like heavy complex modulation.

I'm just addicted to EchoBoy, it's highly addictive :D :D :D

deft_bonz wrote:
although I wouldn't recommend the Soft-iLok
What is the reason?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

deft_bonz wrote: Can't say that for other delays I have or had, like: Timeless,

Are you refering to Timeless 1 or 2?
I think they both are capable of some real magic soundwise, but it's good to save the favored personal settings, since they need quite a lot of tweaking.

himalaya wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:
What is the reason?
If your HD crashes your license is gone. Then you can pray for the goodwill of the developer to give you a new one for free ;) With the stick, you can send your broken stick in and you'll get a new one with the licenses

Arrested Developer wrote:
deft_bonz wrote: Can't say that for other delays I have or had, like: Timeless,

Are you refering to Timeless 1 or 2?
I think they both are capable of some real magic soundwise, but it's good to save the favored personal settings, since they need quite a lot of tweaking.
Sorry, I was referring to Timeless 2. It is definitely good and can do some great stuff.

deft_bonz wrote:
himalaya wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:
What is the reason?
If your HD crashes your license is gone. Then you can pray for the goodwill of the developer to give you a new one for free ;) With the stick, you can send your broken stick in and you'll get a new one with the licenses
So, the questions is, is there anything in place created by the developer to help the user should the unthinkable happen? Perhaps this is a question for the support....
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Yes, the solution is to buy new licenses *muahahaha* :D

I haven't tried it, but maybe volume backups (Ghost, CCC) could work.

Arrested Developer wrote:
I'm wondering too.
Maybe it's the combination of rather high prices (but not too high) & super nice GUIs & PPP (Pensado's Place praise).

Personally, I'm fine without them. ;-)
I used to think the same. Until I demoed them 2 days ago. The musicality and the 'analog' sound of these plugs blowed me away. Can't imagine being without them now.

I used to say 'iLok... never!', but now I'll do everything they want just to have these puppies. And I'm not a big fan of the GUIs, but that's a minor issue. And Decapitator is a CPU hog on my current machine, but I won't use that a lot.

And yeah, Echoboy is the one I'd choose over the others.

Wish we knew the price on the upgrade options it's getting close to the time when we should buy things for other people.

it's flexible and can have a "analog" vibe like lot of the soundtoys plugins.

Once i compared some popular delay plugin to a moog cause i was thinking to sell it and see if i could replace it and echoboy was the only one sounding decent next to it but it was still just decent so i keept the moog.. :D, but i love delays, they all have their use from digital ones a la eventide to the ones with lot of mojo.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Return to “Effects”