Soundtoys Black Friday : which plug is a must have ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e@rs wrote:
Arrested Developer wrote:
AC222 wrote:What is so great about echoboy vs. any other delay? People wax poetic about this plug as if it will instantly improve a mix doing nothing. Maybe it is that good but I don't think I'll ever know. I do have an ilok but I am no longer using it because I can't justify having a pecker sticking out of my computer for a single plug.
I'm wondering too.
Maybe it's the combination of rather high prices (but not too high) & super nice GUIs & PPP (Pensado's Place praise).

Personally, I'm fine without them. ;-)
I used to think the same. Until I demoed them 2 days ago. The musicality and the 'analog' sound of these plugs blowed me away. Can't imagine being without them now.

I used to say 'iLok... never!', but now I'll do everything they want just to have these puppies. And I'm not a big fan of the GUIs, but that's a minor issue. And Decapitator is a CPU hog on my current machine, but I won't use that a lot.

And yeah, Echoboy is the one I'd choose over the others.
yeah tbh ilok is not a issu for me too.. now give a try to kush ubk 1 on drums bus and crush/squash things for the fun of it :D maybe the closest thing to some of the distressor sounds.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Slate and Kush... maybe next year. I spent way more than planned in 2014.

If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?

What are the main differences between H-Delay, Timeless2, and echoboy?

I am considering echoboy, crystallizer, or maybe even the tremolo. Any suggestions?

None of them is a "must have" and I resist over the years to buy something from Soundtoys :hihi:
But Echoboy is something where I must say, it's great without a competitor... it's for me the only Soundtoys plug-in which comes close to a "must have".

AB69 wrote:What are the main differences between H-Delay, Timeless2, and echoboy?
H-Delay is a very easy to use more "classic" delay with a modulation option to sound a bit more like a tape delay.
Timeless is more a creative delay, for crazy and not so often used delay effects.
Echoboy has a bit the idea to emulate many classic delays, so it can sound like a Spaceecho but can also sound completely different. It's a bit like a delay toolbox ;)
It has a lot of options, some more under the hood so it's IMO not the easiest delay to understand

The main difference is the number of delay lines. H-Delay has only one delay line, so you cannot set different values for L/R. But you have a ping pong mode.
Timeless has 2 delay lines, same with Echoboy (depends of the type). So if it comes to a bit more "custom" delays Timeless and Echoboy are the better option.
For a "set and forget" delay H-Delay is IMO the best option.

@e@rs, 4damind:

ok, i checked out a video highlighting echoboy and it's really very impressive. ;-)
nevertheless, i try to resist... GAS is a severe thing and one has to be strong to resist. :lol:

AB69 wrote:If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?
You'll find then an option in your account: Single Plug-In to Native V4 Bundle Upgrade which is exactly the bundle price minus the one plugin price tho now at BF it's $279.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Thanks guys. Appreciate the insights. It sounds like this sounds a lot more analog and less clinical than your average digital delay. Very cool....I also want to check out the PSP PCM 42 but I wouldn't pay full price for that. I wonder how that compares. I heard that's pretty good also. Did Soundtoys ever provide an option where you can use this without the dongle (after initial setup) like other companies such as Flux and Metric Halo do?

haha got my licenses today but when I registered they offered me an upgrade to the whole bundle for just $149 - how could I refuse? :) Especially given that it includes v5.

This is weird it's installed an extra plugin called Speed which doesn't seem to show up in Tracktion and I can't even see it mentioned on their site (although it does appear in images of the collection)

@aMUSED, If you don't mind me asking, what plugs are in your a/c so that they offered that upgrade price to you?

Speed I think is an old PT/Logic only plugin

Crystalliser, Echoboy and PhaseMistress

Oh so it may work in Logic? - I will try that. (edit - it doesn't - but if it's ProTools only then why does it come as an AU?)

OK found it

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/speed
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheers for that.

here's the link on their site (don't think you can get to it from the products menu)
http://www.soundtoys.com/product/speed

it does mention on that page "Compatible with Pro Tools AudioSuite and Logic Pro Time Machine ONLY. Full functionality in Pro Tools"

I'm guessing this won't be part of V5

aMUSEd wrote:haha got my licenses today but when I registered they offered me an upgrade to the whole bundle for just $149 - how could I refuse? :) Especially given that it includes v5.
Yep, as i wrote already it's $279 if you upgrade from one plugin but since you have three it's $149 during BF. Who could resist? :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

So we now know the only answer to the OP question is:

Return to “Effects”