Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to see........

What day got! :hihi:

Compyfox wrote:
Omkar wrote:I also noticed some or all Slate plugins are phoning home,
Are you sure about that?
Because then plain offline users would get error messages up and down if this software suite is "really" phoning home. As in form of checking available internet connection, sending packages.

I have NEVER seen that.

Omkar wrote:and if I understand it right, VCC 2 will become a part of the rack later on.
As add-on. I think VCC will still exist as standalone.

Omkar wrote:I have the feeling Fabrice and/or Steven do have something for the Christmas tree,
maybe my rack practice becomes more grown-up until then.
Maybe, maybe not. Before anything new will arrive, their main plan is still VCC v2 and FG-X v2. After that, maybe more modules and VMS.

lacandon wrote:Its the Trident 80b witch its much cheaper then A Range,in real world its nothing so special!
Sorry, but are we still talking about the same thing?

I do remember from the old days that the Trident in VCC is based upon one of the only 13 available consoles that were called "Trident". And to my knowledge, that was the one with the "A-Range" EQ. Though I just read that Sound on Sound mentioned it to be the Trident 80B, which is actually 2 years older than the A-Range. But IMO it's in no way inferior, or more "consumer" (due it to be cheaper - hello, only 13 custom builds of the Range A!). And we're talking about preamps still, not EQ's.

Adding the Range-A wouldn't make sense IMO, unless we also get the appropriate EQ's on top of that. Which I think is more the aim of Steven. We'll see it, once it happens. And we're still short on the Neotek that was once announced as well.

lacandon wrote:Would be good they to add some features on VCC otherwise its feels very limited for 199 dollars see SDRR and Stripbus 3 are killer!
What features are you missing?
And StripBus 3 isn't even out yet! (please don't let me get started on SKnote... just... don't)

lacandon wrote:F u c k us rite Forte its another really nice console ,hopefully someone will model it again with more characteristics !
The only person I'd trust at this point, is Dave Gamble. He ported EVERYTHING Focusrite related. Sadly that the ISA Channel Strip that was once on ProTools (was it RTAS or TDM?) is discontinued. But you can still get the ISA/RED through the Midnight Suite. Sadly, without suitable preamp.

So all I'd like to see, would be a Focusrite ISA preamp - I do have the right tools to mix/match already.

YMMV of course.
Yep Focusrite abandoned also the Liquid Mix witch was nice tool weird company are they!

Regarding the VCC some proper trim would be good some eq section might be good see how much they give u in VMR.As far as Slate says the cpu will be drastically reduced and thats great!
I am awaiting this update and see what they done with it!

So to recap for the ADD, the sound cutouts and mildly annoying graphics thing are ilok2 and not something slate can work out?

Placing my order now......

hibidy wrote:So to recap for the ADD, the sound cutouts and mildly annoying graphics thing are ilok2 and not something slate can work out?

Haven't noticed either here.....gotta pay more attention apparently!
Who you buying from Hibidy?
I went with Plugin Discounts in the hope that I would get (and be able to use) the $20 gift voucher on the SoundToys Native plug ins. :hihi:

Compyfox wrote:
Omkar wrote:I also noticed some or all Slate plugins are phoning home,
Are you sure about that?
Because then plain offline users would get error messages up and down if this software suite is "really" phoning home. As in form of checking available internet connection, sending packages.

I have NEVER seen that.
Right, I cannot say exactly what one or all slates are doing according to it connections
and I don`t want to spread a rumour.
So, in context to the former question why some slates do need some time to come up,
I found it evident to say it`s not a matter of mainly one single action
but a matter of various actions when called the first time.
For now, three actions have been mentioned.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

ftech wrote:
hibidy wrote:So to recap for the ADD, the sound cutouts and mildly annoying graphics thing are ilok2 and not something slate can work out?

Haven't noticed either here.....gotta pay more attention apparently!
Who you buying from Hibidy?
I went with Plugin Discounts in the hope that I would get (and be able to use) the $20 gift voucher on the SoundToys Native plug ins. :hihi:
Audiodeluxe, I already have an account with them and I'm planning on using my 20 gift card on ezkeys classic electrics (which will make it 29 bucks, it's gotta be worth having that key/midi generator even If I end up using a different synth)

So, no loyalty discounts @Slate this time?

hibidy wrote:Audiodeluxe, I already have an account with them and I'm planning on using my 20 gift card on ezkeys classic electrics (which will make it 29 bucks, it's gotta be worth having that key/midi generator even If I end up using a different synth)
I like this plan... did it work?

Dr.Gunjah wrote:
hibidy wrote:Audiodeluxe, I already have an account with them and I'm planning on using my 20 gift card on ezkeys classic electrics (which will make it 29 bucks, it's gotta be worth having that key/midi generator even If I end up using a different synth)
I like this plan... did it work?
Which part? I just got the gift code today so later when I get some more caffine in me and wake up I'll dance through the small hoops of getting all that done.

the part where you get EZKeys for 29 bucks :D

I'll find out in the next few......

EDIT: Yeah, it worked :)

lolzes, I now have two UVI grand pianos :lol:

BTW, just in case someone overlooked it, you can haz two or even 3 eqs together (squeee!)

Or 4!!
The potential for sound sculpting and colouration with this rack just adds to its appeal for me.

Can you guys get rid of the redundant knob in RC please? - I bought it yesterday and thought I had a bug at first as it doesn't move but then realised it's showing things that RC can't even do so what is the point? - it's a waste of space and makes me feel like I paid for a demo of some other product.

Return to “Effects”