Any ideas for SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE default preset?

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

New EQ's are raining these days like new products.
Vladg, when we can expect new versions of the SlickEQ's? If you can say?

Thanks

I'm super excited about all those new EQs... I won't demo them nor use them but they're healthy competition for the best one around.

SlickEQ (especially GE) has put an end to my GAS, really. I don't see much to add/improve. More CPU efficiency is welcome though.

Thinking out loud, what about a parallel mode ? Vlad ?
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Thinking out loud, what about a parallel mode ? Vlad ?
Oh.. :clap: Now I remember I wanted to ask the same question :dog: but I forgot. :help:

Parallel topology would be really nice surprise... :phones:

xtrax wrote:New EQ's are raining these days like new products.
Vladg, when we can expect new versions of the SlickEQ's? If you can say?
New versions of SlickEQ and SlickEQ GE are ready and waiting in queue for final testing (we're busy with new compressor duties right now). So less than month until official update, I suppose. I hope for 2-3 weeks.
nilhartman wrote:SlickEQ (especially GE) has put an end to my GAS, really. I don't see much to add/improve.
Yeah, let's don't make a spaceship from SlickEQ :-) Its concept is to be very simple and to deliver high audio quality at the same time and we're not going to overload it with new features. :-)
But... I'm thinking of a new mastering grade saturation mode in some future! :-)
nilhartman wrote:Thinking out loud, what about a parallel mode ? Vlad ?
Parallel mode in digital world just gives alternative EQ bands interaction. For 3 bands of SlickEQ the difference with serial mode is negligible. We tried parallel connection on early development stages and this feature wasn't worth to be added.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

Damn, now I'm curious about that new saturation mode ! ;)
.com
3OP

Currently using a trim plug to boost a signal before hitting SlickEq for saturation only. An input gain control wold be helpful.

That's what the "Calibrate" parameter is for !?
Besides, the saturation modes are supposed to remain quite subtle, even when driven.
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:That's what the "Calibrate" parameter is for !?
Besides, the saturation modes are supposed to remain quite subtle, even when driven.
I prefer to use a midi controllable knob or slider for gain adjustments. I can live without it though. Its a workflow thing.

The saturation could be more flexible. I will stand by that one. As an option Awe of course.
Last edited by jrides on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe I poorly expressed my point, sorry then.

From the manual, page 15:
"Calibrate allows to adjust the output stage model “drive” in decibel. It gives control over the amount of generated harmonic content without the need for clumsy input/output drive techniques."

So SlickEQ already does what you request, right ?

I'll add that Calibrate can be MIDI mapped and/or automated. Same goes for EQ Sat and Out Stage (and most SlickEQ GE's parameter).
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:Maybe I poorly expressed my point, sorry then.

"Calibrate allows to adjust the output stage model “drive” in decibel. It gives control over the amount of generated harmonic content without the need for clumsy input/output drive techniques."

SlickEQ tutorial video has good explanation of "calibrate" knob @ 4:03

http://youtu.be/-z8v6hO9wBE?t=4m3s
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

nilhartman wrote:Maybe I poorly expressed my point, sorry then.

I'll add that Calibrate can be MIDI mapped and/or automated. Same goes for EQ Sat and Out Stage (and most SlickEQ GE's parameter).
Not exactly but its fine. I can use q eaturation plug for this. I missed the part about calibration being midi mappable though. That is good to know.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”