Virsyn Tera 64Bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, since my beloved Vaz is in the fog regarding 64b, i'm really glad to discover that Tera by Virsyn is updated. I bought this synth after a "desert island synth thread" from kvr. I really like the Osc and the general sound from it. It is kinda like a "crazy scientist labarotory" from the first look, but after a while you kinda get a grip on things (yeah, i know my english sucks). Anyway, i'm curious about other kvr'ers opinions. Do you like tera? (ofcourse i know that the filters and everything don't hold up to newer analog emulations. But in a mix, is it really important?) heck, i'm actually enjoying old Beach Boys recordings where it sounds like they were drumming on a garbage can. (the REALLY old stuff)

Will have to check out the Tera 64 bit demo. I always liked Tera (especially the sequencer/arpeggiator) when I tried it in the past. That said, Virsyn's development style/pace seems kinda out of step with the industry leaders.

I'm also a VAZ lover...it's simply the best, most musical software modular synth/environment I've ever found (I own AudioMulch, Reaktor, KarmaFX, and Bazille; and have tried Bidule, Usine, Pure Data, Sonigen, MuLab, etc.). I think a modernized, cross-platform 64 bit VAZ would be viable.

Winstontaneous, i think i've seen your handle at the Vaz forums. Yeah, i love Vaz. The only software i've found that is similair pleasing to my ears is Imposcar2. That Jon Hodgson really know what he's doing. Anyway, virsyn Tera is really old now.. And so is Vaz. Food for thought: we're always looking for the next perfect emulation of old hardware. But maybe in the future we'll be looking for the perfect emulation of that "special" old software. So far i'm really diggin' the sound of Tera. I don't really like when softsynths sound to clean. Tera seems to be dirty enough. Especially with that distortion which sounds very good to my ears. And i have'nt even to begin exploring all the posibilities with FM and wave shaping yet. Kudos to Virsyn for bringing this synth into next generation!

Return to “Instruments”