Addictive Drums upgrade or new pack?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK... Another purchase question for anyone who has AD2. Currently XLN Audio has a Black Friday sale until Monday with all products 50% off.

I currently own AD1 and haven't upgraded yet but was thinking about it for awhile whenever a sale popped up. I could upgrade for $90 ($45 on sale) or upgrade with a free pack for $130 ($65 on sale).

My questions is what if I decided to purchase the Solo package (which is includes AD2, 1 ADpak, 1 midi file pak & 1 AD kitpiece for $55 (usually $110) would I be able to use this with my current AD account? That way I'd be able to get a a couple of more things and save $10.

Has anyone checked this out?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

If you were super-clever, you'd sell your AD1 and then you'd buy the AD2 package for $55... :wink:

Saukar30 wrote:My questions is what if I decided to purchase the Solo package (which is includes AD2, 1 ADpak, 1 midi file pak & 1 AD kitpiece for $55 (usually $110) would I be able to use this with my current AD account? That way I'd be able to get a a couple of more things and save $10.

Has anyone checked this out?
AD1 equals 3 Adpaks under AD2. They refer AD2 as the engine only unless it's some new promotion they're running that I do not know. Solopak will not get your AD1 kits upgraded AFAIK (unless you don't care for them)

@Tricky Loops... That would seem like a good idea but I have about 5 kits with Ad1 already (not including the original 3 that came with AD1). That would mean I'd have to repurchase the Pak's and redo all of the songs that I have

@softska: thanks for that bit of clarity. I was thinking that if I just a new bundle XLN would upgrade my exisiting the kits automatically (since on the solo, artist & producer sets it says it has Ad2). Apparently those sets must be gauged towards new purchasers of ADdictive Drums :-(
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

AFAIK, all AD 1 kits are converted automatically (leaving the AD1 versions in place for AD1), at least it was the case for me. In their installation manager, I get a list of the same AD1 and AD2 kits that are currently installed, though I think the kits are called something else in AD2.

My 2 pfennigs:

Upgrade and get the Fairfax 1 Adpak. The new Adpaks (like the Fairfax) are not backward compatible with AD1, though.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”