McDSP plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Always heard good things about the and wirh the 50% sale on now am thinking they might be a decent buy. What are their best ones, what do they do better than anyone else?

I only have FutzBox so far.

I also have Speakerphone which is amazing for sound design, but it's a CPU hog based on convolution and there's a lot to tweak. You can easily get lost in there so I often fear opening it :)

FutzBox is nowhere close in features being easy to automate and consuming little resources.
It can sound amazing for some things, and it's easy to tweak so you can find what you want quickly.

they do not support vst format, do they ?

McDSP Analog Channel is on my list all time, now $74 and no vst
:cry:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Oh you're right, no vst, wow that kinda sucks, now I know why I never see them mentioned here. Well, saved some money anyway

VST? What's that? Some kind of Windows thing? :D

Have several. Some of the Retros, the Ultimate Comp, the Compact Channel... and I'm sure something else that I've forgotten.
iLok doesn't bother me, and AU is fine as I'm on Mac.

They're stable and CPU-friendly plugins, and unfortunately they're that sort of plugin that "just works". Which means I can't really tell you *why* it is that I love them so much, but they just always somehow sound good.

However, I think I've written to their support twice over the last year or probably more. Weren't terribly important questions, but would have been nice to receive at least a one-liner reply.

Actually considering getting the Ultimate EQ since it's in AU beta, the demo was OK to work with but not all of the modes "clicked" with me, some feel a little redundant. So I'm kind-of undecided... but generally speaking, they're decent stuff.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:Have several.
Analog Channel is not amongst them by chance ?
I`d like to know how it can be compared to some vst incarnations.

Did the company give any statement on vst developement
or is this something they exclude completely ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Nope, sorry. :(
AC never triggered me. It's a saturation and tape sim combo, if I'm not mistaken, I have no real need for that. :)

Don't know anything about VST, but IIRC they've been Mac-only for decades now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:Nope, sorry. :(
AC never triggered me. It's a saturation and tape sim combo, if I'm not mistaken, I have no real need for that. :)

Don't know anything about VST, but IIRC they've been Mac-only for decades now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
I believe they shaked hands with windows versions now,
but Pro Tools only.

Would appreciate if they go for the final step on Windows,
their entire series is of very good reputation.
Great to hear they are low on cpu.

I used to use McDSP stuff all the time when I was running ProTools on Mac more than a decade ago. The EQ and compressors were my favourites. I remember the compressors being particularly good. I'd probably consider using them again if they would release Windows VST versions and no iLok.

AusDisciple wrote:I used to use McDSP stuff all the time when I was running ProTools on Mac more than a decade ago. The EQ and compressors were my favourites. I remember the compressors being particularly good. I'd probably consider using them again if they would release Windows VST versions and no iLok.
Can you explain a bit what your issue is with iLok ?
I have it quite a while now and it runs painless

Omkar wrote:Can you explain a bit what your issue is with iLok ?
Two things mainly. One, I don't like intrusive dongles that get into the machine on a deep level (I've heard enough about iLok to not want to go there) and two, I don't like having USB ports tied up with dongles. I don't always record/mix/master on a desktop system with plenty of ports.

AusDisciple wrote:
Omkar wrote:Can you explain a bit what your issue is with iLok ?
I don't always record/mix/master on a desktop system with plenty of ports.
makes sense, thank you.

Sorry for going OT, back to topic

Return to “Effects”