Soundtoys 5 details

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After demoing the whole swag of Soundtoys plugins, I saw that I wanted at least four of them. With the bundle sale and the pending upgrade to include even more plugins, I had to jump for it.

Between this and Reaktor, I've blown more Black Friday cash than I wanted to ... but in the long run it will be worth it!

hibidy wrote:Here's the thing that's buggin' me.

The "full" version of ST's is only 116 bucks off. I know, 116 bucks is 116 bucks, but the version of "echoboy" is 80 bucks off.

So I'm at a dilemma. Should I just wait and keep demoing with the off chance that I pay 116 more, or should I cave? Seems like too much to me :shrug:
yes, this is something I keep thinking: what a shame if introductory price of ST5 will be lower than ST4 on Black Friday...

hibidy wrote:Here's the thing that's buggin' me.

The "full" version of ST's is only 116 bucks off. I know, 116 bucks is 116 bucks, but the version of "echoboy" is 80 bucks off.

So I'm at a dilemma. Should I just wait and keep demoing with the off chance that I pay 116 more, or should I cave? Seems like too much to me :shrug:
Yep, but the Native bundle is $500 normally, so it's already cheaper than buying the individual plug ins.....After demoing these fellas I think the current B/F pricing is pretty attractive. That's just me though :)

EvilDragon wrote:iLok 2 is the only copy-protection system that hasn't been cracked so far, so it's not really the case of Soundtoys being lazy. They just want to protect their work.
Not the only one. See U-He, and they don't even need iLok. So it's be possible without the obtrusive iLok way.

There are some plugins I didn't buy because of iLok, but SoundToys are a must. So I had to bite it 8) Of course it is not such a bad thing that hurts you, or prevents you from doing music, or from being happy :D :D :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

If you have the v4 bundle or recently bought it in the sale make sure you look in your account.

there are 3 free preset packs.

very useful for starting out and figuring out some of the plugins.

MachineClaw wrote:If you have the v4 bundle or recently bought it in the sale make sure you look in your account.

there are 3 free preset packs.

very useful for starting out and figuring out some of the plugins.
Are they now already installed with the v4 plugins installers though I thought a long time a go they had a message on saying you don't need to install the packs I could be wrong.

Doh all this time and I thought I had them. Thanks
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

No, they are seperate in your account if you have 4.1 bundle

V4.1 Preset Expanders
The new preset expanders include Tchad Blake's Decapitator presets, Morgan Page's dance/remix presets, and Peter Wade's custom SoundToys presets. All three expanders require the new V4.1 release and are available for free download to registered SoundToys V4 users.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

$279 for the bundle upgrade from Echoboy is calling me. Really interested in Panman and Tremolator but if I get them I might as well get the bundle considering what you get with the upgrade to 5. Also got my eye on VMR and Molekular so trying to decide where the funds are headed.

Soundtoys on another forum a day ago said Soundtoys 5 is now expected in 2015 they don't have a release date. I've updated my post with the latest details.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad, because I have to wait longer
Good, because my budget got a little stretched during Black Friday

:D :D :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Yea I'm more happy about it being later because I was thinking u-he HIVE or Soundtoys 5 I can't get both within two months no upgrade pricing yet so no idea how long I will have to save. So now I know it's Hive :)

I feel bad for some though they ordered Soundtoys v4 on Black Friday deal but they have no ilok stick they were planning to wait a month for Soundtoys 5 so then there would be no need for an ilok stick.

At least now we all know Soundtoys 5 is two licences and includes every plugin they made so far + Primaltap. :tu:

I just bought it used and I'm not fussed with V5 (I use the ilok :shrug: )

A couple of other things would be appealing, but I'll live.

Kaboom75 wrote: I feel bad for some though they ordered Soundtoys v4 on Black Friday deal but they have no ilok stick they were planning to wait a month for Soundtoys 5 so then there would be no need for an ilok stick.
Damn... I did exactly that.
Bought EchoBoy, and thought I could use it somewhere in December.

When MicroShift got announced, they released it on the exact day which was announced - so I had no reason to doubt that V5 will indeed come in December :(

Will it still be the same price for the native bundle?
:borg:

deft_bonz wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:iLok 2 is the only copy-protection system that hasn't been cracked so far, so it's not really the case of Soundtoys being lazy. They just want to protect their work.
Not the only one. See U-He, and they don't even need iLok. So it's be possible without the obtrusive iLok way.

There are some plugins I didn't buy because of iLok, but SoundToys are a must. So I had to bite it 8) Of course it is not such a bad thing that hurts you, or prevents you from doing music, or from being happy :D :D :D
Well it doesn't require cracking. You simply share your serial/name. You could theoretically share it with a group. That's one of the reasons why cytomic went with c/r. He figured he'd have no way of limiting installations. The thing with ilok is that it restricts it to one machine using it at a time, something SN can't.

-Sam

Return to “Effects”