Is MIDI out from tab supposed to include articulation and strumming keyswitch data?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using the sample Wish You Were Here tab, I recorded the MIDI output from AGT into a MIDI track in Reaper and found only the played notes, no articulation keyswitches, strumming switches, or pitchbend CC data in the resulting MIDI.

1) Is this the expected behavior (no articulation, KS, or CC data)? Did I miss something?
2) Will this change with version 2.0?

The tab player is an awesome concept - very very useful since I already own GP 6. It would be even better if I could get in there and further edit the resulting MIDI.

Hi, it is very difficult to output midi which behaves same with the original tab. This is in our upgrade list but will not yet be released in version 2.0. A good news is that .gpx will be supported in 2.0. Users can directly save tab rather than export tab to .gp5 in GP 6 then.

Thank you, Jie Chen. Your prompt responses and explanations are much appreciated. It will be good not to have to export to .gp5 with the new version. Exporting the complete MIDI out of the tab player is not a make or break issue with me. I'm finding it just as easy to sequence everything in Reaper especially using your strummer and user chords. Those features are the best. Really nice work there. As far as future upgrades are concerned - for what it's worth - I'd say keep focusing on sound quality and ease of use, especially with the transitions between different articulations. Those are the qualities that set you apart.

I know this has been raised before, but if 2.0 comes with the ability to convert tab articulations into useable AmpleSound MIDI notes, it would be great if the tab-to-MIDI function was enabled for RTAS. You had mentioned that the Pro Tools people has made this very difficult to do, but just wanted to throw this out there again in case there was a chance that this might get resolved.

I strongly agree with other posts that midi out from ample guitar into a DAW would be so much more useful if the articulations could be recorded. Particularly the key switches controlling on which string to play a specific note. This is obviously shown in Guitar pro tabs, but is then lost when exporting midi out from ample guitar.

A definite wish list item.

Return to “Ample Sound”