Kotelnikov (standard + GE) - released!

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov TDR Kotelnikov GE

TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.

With a sonic signature best described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.

The “Gentleman’s Edition” (GE) adds several improvements to the standard edition’s feature set. The most obvious being an intuitive access to various equal loudness workflows, the ability to specify ratio in a frequency dependent manner, as well as a powerful sidechain high-pass filter allowing continuously variable access over slope and frequency. The Yin/Yang functions allow manipulating the harmonic pattern produced during compression, and a new “insane” quality mode increases processing fidelity even further.
Kotelnikov does not try to emulate any previously available device. The concept is a proud digital processor, it is the original!

Notable features
  • 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
  • Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
  • “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
  • Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
  • Control scheme based on “Crest factor”, offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
  • Frequency dependent ratio
  • Flexible sidechain highpass filter offering continuously variable control over slope and frequency
  • Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
  • Delta preview mode to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
  • Equal loudness latency compensated bypass (processing doesn’t interrupt)
  • Extensive documentation
The standard edition can be downloaded for free, the improved Kotelnikov - "Gentleman's Edition" can be purchased directly from Tokyo Dawn for € 40.00.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Congratulations!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Yes, Congratulations !
GREAT having this back for Logic 10.0.7 and the GE raises the bar to new levels.

OMG!!! Thanks and congratulations!!! :clap:

What is the reported latency?
Can I use it on XP SP3 32bit (AMD 64bit with 32 bit Nuendo5, FL9, S1) at least on the master?

Edit: PS: tried some minute ago in this laptop (Windows 8, 64bit on S1 32bit) as drum bus compressor: Simply amazing!!! :love:

just wow!!! only read the manual so far. great read.

so, how does this compare to fbcomp2?

Is it also a feedback compressor ?

Congrats on the final release!

sinkmusic wrote:Is it also a feedback compressor ?
I removed most feedback paths from the algorithm, so the answer is no. Hence the new product name.

Probably a little bug: when I use it on Studio One and exit, S1 remains open but in backgrounds (so I can't see until i open S1 again)... Strange behaviour... o.O

DAW AMD 64bit, Windows XP SP3 32bit, Nuendo 5, Studio One & FLStudio9 (all 32bit)

FabienTDR wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Is it also a feedback compressor ?
I removed most feedback paths from the algorithm, so the answer is no. Hence the new product name.
Ok, thank you for the techie information.
So, this is why it should be able to reach "drastic amounts of reduction" better than if using FB paths, i guess.

This comp is an absolute beauty! And very generous of you guys to have such a great free version as you do with FB Comp and Slick EQ.

Will FB comp II now also be fitted with an onboard preset browser?

Usually I hate that the bus\master compressors crushing down the low frequencies, lose the air and flatten the overall dynamic but, with this compressor not happen (often even with extreme settings) ... Today I spend some hours to try it on different master channel of various (incomplete! -_-) projects...
Great on Rock songs, Acoustic music, Metal songs, Pop songs (a must)... So natural\transparent... Sincere Congrats\Thanks Fabien for the innovanion of project and for let me save a lot of money..!
Last edited by Turello on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Important: We released V 1.0.2 a few minutes ago, and advise to update as soon as possible.

1.0.2 Maintenance update

# Fixed rare crash when unloading the plugin.
# Fixed a preset persistence problem related to time values greater than 500ms.

1.0.1 Maintenance update

# Fixed latency reporting error

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Check the Mono/Stereo/Sum/Diff dialog, in the upper right corner, next to the Eco/Precise one ;)
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”