ISW ASKS: What guitar(s) would you like us to sample for a Shreddage 2 expansion?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:Can't believe I didn't mention this earlier, but something I believe is extremely important is to make this next expansion's double/quadtracking naturally wide as real doubled/quad guitars without the use of tricks like delay, detuning neighboring samples, diff amp sims, etc.
I'm absolutely begging for this.
This is the sort of thing I would pay a frick ton of my hard-earned money for and all guitar libraries seem to fall short on this :(
Unnatural widening tricks just do not compare at all to natural width and have shortcomings that are a thorn on my side.
+1
I dont know if it's just my impression,but pick slides (not sampled) are a bit fake so if you could work to make them more realistic..another features I suggest for the new expansion:natural harmonics.And something I would die for:FEEDBACK (take a look at Prominy V-Metal,it has a great feedback feature).Metal stuff without feedback is like a man without arms and legs ha ha.

Zircon,out of curiosity..when do you plan on starting registrations?

windir, just so you know, Shreddage Classic (S2 expansion) has natural harmonics. But yes this would be wonderful to see on the next expansion.
On mobile so can't directly reply (mobile is hell).
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

I have more suggestions but mobile SUCKS. This isn't even my phone ugggh.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Alright, back on the laptop and with wifi. Here are other suggestions I have.
A few of these are already do-able, but the means to do them have unrealistic results.

1. Tighter/harder hitting higher octave mutes (single notes, but if you can do them for chords that'd be cool too)
Thrash metal begs for this.

2. A way to play those riffs where some notes differ on the left and right without having to record shared notes + diff notes separately and do tedious audio slicing.

3. More FX samples! Get scraping!

4. Keyswitch-based patch that controls all instances of the guitars in Kontakt. So that way, the guitars' keys will be guitar only and all the keyswitches can be in one place. Although this isn't a high priority, I like this idea and the way it is laid out equally.

5. Sampled octave chords, if possible. This is ideal for punk-ish stuff. The ones you build in the higher keyrange sound strange.

6. Portamento slides for the build-it chords.

Pretty please ^ -^

And I'm still a bit new to the whole idea of forums so I'm not entirely sure how to work the comment reply feature without screwing up. windir, by feedback I think you might be talking about the line noise. It's something you can simply turn on in Shreddage 2. A switch under the effects. Didn't mention earlier because, again, mobile is hell.

Hi Darkflame,for guitar feedback I didnt mean the di line noise,i mean the thing that occurs when you turn your guitar near the amp.Something like this.

Here's Jimi Hendrix

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkeFmQ52Yg

OH THAT. Oh my god yes. We need this!!! Seems like it'd be super tricky to make happen but I hope it is added.

Lots of good feedback, thank you!
Can't believe I didn't mention this earlier, but something I believe is extremely important is to make this next expansion's double/quadtracking naturally wide as real doubled/quad guitars without the use of tricks like delay, detuning neighboring samples, diff amp sims, etc.
Well, width is nothing more than having two different recordings, one panned hard left and one panned hard right. Our current double tracking method is IMO the best solution as that's exactly what it provides... no delay, detuning, or neighboring samples involved. Say we have 8 RRs for palm mutes. With DT Guitars 1 + 2, you play a note and you hear RR1 and RR2 in left/right. Next note is RR2/RR3, next is RR3/RR4, and so on. That's a bit of a simplification but that's the idea.

Our QUAD tracking doesn't use that technique in S2 because the library was not originally recorded with enough RRs for all articulations to cover that. Keep in mind to support quad tracking like that the library would probably be about double the size of Shreddage 2, requiring twice as much memory + HD space. Not saying it's not doable but it does take a lot more resources.
4. Keyswitch-based patch that controls all instances of the guitars in Kontakt. So that way, the guitars' keys will be guitar only and all the keyswitches can be in one place. Although this isn't a high priority, I like this idea and the way it is laid out equally.
Can you expand on this a little more? Right now if you have all guitars on one MIDI channel, you DO have one set of keyswitches for everything. Or do you mean there should be a MIDI channel that is nothing *but* keyswitches..?

The rest of the suggestions from you & windir - understood, and cool.

So keep in mind for S2 expansions, we will probably not make any radical alterations to how we're sampling these guitars (with the exception of dual pickups, possibly!) since we want them to work in the same S2 engine. I think the S2 engine is really solid thanks to almost 2 years of excellent user feedback, and iteration. Compare what we have now to the v1 release! While I do think we'll do a Shreddage3 some day, that is a lower priority compared to expanding S2 with more guitars, as well as doing Shreddage Bass 2 and Shreddage Drums (which... is coming sooner than you think)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote: Our QUAD tracking doesn't use that technique in S2 because the library was not originally recorded with enough RRs for all articulations to cover that. Keep in mind to support quad tracking like that the library would probably be about double the size of Shreddage 2, requiring twice as much memory + HD space. Not saying it's not doable but it does take a lot more resources.
The HD space I had a feeling about, but memory. I haven't thought about at all. D:
I'm barely surviving off 4GB ram at the moment so maybe this isn't as good of an idea as I thought hahaha. Would love to see this for S3 though, I'd go out of my way to get a better machine to handle it if that's what it takes.
zircon wrote: Can you expand on this a little more? Right now if you have all guitars on one MIDI channel, you DO have one set of keyswitches for everything. Or do you mean there should be a MIDI channel that is nothing *but* keyswitches..?
Call me crazy but yes, nothing-but-keyswitches patch is exactly what I meant so playability and switches can be separated. But now that I think about it, this also sounds like a better idea for S3 because it'll probably have more switchable features, and I can't imagine they'd all fit snug right with the actual guitar portion. Especially since I have a hunch S3 will have a wider range. So nevermind, for the most part, since the way it is now is great too XD
zircon wrote: While I do think we'll do a Shreddage3 some day, that is a lower priority compared to expanding S2 with more guitars, as well as doing Shreddage Bass 2 and Shreddage Drums (which... is coming sooner than you think)
HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
I think I squealed harder than the last guitar you deep-sampled. :hyper:
THE HYPE IS REAL.

Hey Andrew what about my questions? Please reply...
We need feedback,metal tracks are full of feedback.

And natural harmonics,are you planning to add them in the next espansion?

As regards non sampled pickslides they don't look a thing to what I get with my guitars,does anyone else agree with me or is this in my head only?

Well I m glad to know of a...Shreddage Drum...

* Feedback: The hardest part about this is the fact that Shreddage is a DI library. You need an amp to create feedback right? So we have to think of a way of simulating this without forcing a specific amp tone.

* Natural harmonics: Yes I would like to include these with other expansions, just as in Classic.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for the kind reply.
Yes you get feedback when a distorted tone is played near the amplifier,so yes,you need an amp but I think its a doable thing since even Prominy V-Metal is a DI library.
Another feature you may consider for future updates are cricket samples.

Any guitar with a sustainer or sustainiac.

AH, another feature request. If this is possible, of course.
I've noticed after screwing around intensively with Shreddage Classic that in Classic, the constant strumming of chords flow a thousand times more connective/realistic than 2X. With 2X, it sounds less realistic and you can sort of "hear" the edges of the strokes as they strum. This case is especially with custom chords. I would switch to up/downstrokes only but that would compromise RR amount. Super pretty please make the next expansion's chordwork sound as awesome as the classic expansion because classic's took my breath away. :love:

Oh, and if you can make the higher octave chords that realistic too that'd be a bonus. I tried doing some alternative rock/pop punk for lulz and I can't say I was really happy with the result, it sounded very midi. Luckily it was a side thing, so I can do without it. But please try :D

A Kontakt guitar with Classic's rhythm playability and 2X's lead playability would be godsend, expansion or not!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”